1 2 3 ... 6
logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/11/13 11:58 a.m.

....taste so much better the next day when its cold?

logdog
8/11/13 11:58 a.m.

Pic of the pizza

3brokenhondas
3brokenhondas New Reader
8/11/13 12:13 p.m.

I agreed with everything you said up until I saw the banana peppers...blech

ditchdigger
ditchdigger SuperDork
8/11/13 12:22 p.m.

Too many toppings!!!!

Pizza to me is all about the crust and the crust can't cook properly with that much stuff on it.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/11/13 12:29 p.m.

In reply to ditchdigger:

You are WRONG!!!

The only thing the crust is for, is to keep the toppings from hitting the floor on the way to your mouth.

My wife makes a pretty good pizza. It's .25" of crust and 3" of toppings. Mmmm Mmmm Good!

To the OP, pizza is like spaghetti sauce or soup, the longer it percolates, the better it gets. You have to give the flavors time to mingle.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/11/13 12:36 p.m.

I have not met a single person who didn't enjoy morning pizza fresh from the fridge.

ditchdigger
ditchdigger SuperDork
8/11/13 12:38 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01:

Then what you need is a bowl of meat and cheese

I will continue to eat pizza

logdog
8/11/13 12:41 p.m.

The lines are being drawn for the Great Pizza Debates of 2013! Ive only met one pizza I didnt like and it was made with fake cheese.

Knurled
8/11/13 12:42 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: In reply to ditchdigger: You are WRONG!!! The only thing the crust is for, is to keep the toppings from hitting the floor on the way to your mouth.

There has to be harmony in the pizza. The crust must be light yet doughy to complement the sauce and cheese. A thin, limp dough (or excessive toppings) doesn't make itself heard loudly enough, while a crunchy, cracker-like dough overpowers the rest of the pizza experience, both turning the pizza into a mere assembly of different foodstuffs rather than one glorious harmonious whole.

Part of the reason why cold pizza is great is because the stiff cheese enhances the experience, mimicking the dough while still retaining a quality of being something completely different.

(yes, Ithink about these things far too much)

Knurled
8/11/13 12:48 p.m.
logdog wrote: The lines are being drawn for the Great Pizza Debates of 2013! Ive only met one pizza I didnt like and it was made with fake cheese.

FARK has epic ones. It basically turns into a drawn-out stalemate between fans of Chicago-style mozzarella casserole and New York-style sauced napkins.

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Reader
8/11/13 12:51 p.m.

There is nothing better than waking up knowing you have leftover pizza for breakfast .

nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
8/11/13 12:54 p.m.

I hate crust bleh.. I put banana peppers on everything I eat.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
8/11/13 12:56 p.m.

I'll take a deep dish pie with mushrooms, pepperoni and mozzarella.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/11/13 1:03 p.m.

Because your tastebuds are broken

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/11/13 1:16 p.m.

I don't like cold pizza. I am perfectly ok with warmed up leftovers the next day however.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
8/11/13 1:25 p.m.

I like a nice garbage can pizza my self, and if it has anchovies, I don't have to share

logdog
8/11/13 1:31 p.m.
neon4891 wrote: I like a nice garbage can pizza my self, and if it has anchovies, I don't have to share

This particular pizza is called "The Kitchen Sink" and comes from downtown Imlay City's finest restaurant The Pizza Machine. No fish though

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
8/11/13 1:34 p.m.

Key to good leftover pizza: Leave it out. Once it goes on the fridge, it's ruined, IMO.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic SuperDork
8/11/13 1:41 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Key to good leftover pizza: Leave it out. Once it goes on the fridge, it's ruined, IMO.

I and most people I know agree that I have guts made of cast iron. Foodborne illness is not much of a concern to me. Just the thought of eating pizza stored at room temp disgusts me.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
8/11/13 1:42 p.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote:
poopshovel wrote: Key to good leftover pizza: Leave it out. Once it goes on the fridge, it's ruined, IMO.
I and most people I know agree that I have guts made of cast iron. Foodborne illness is not much of a concern to me. Just the thought of eating pizza stored at room temp disgusts me.

Yes, dear. It's COOKED. I know it's hard to believe, but refrigerators haven't been around all that long. Somehow humans haven't gone extinct.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic SuperDork
8/11/13 1:52 p.m.

I guess its all the pork based meat on top that really concerns me. I know how cheese is shipped in bulk.

With regards to the thin/thick debate, its all in who made it. I usually eat normal pizza, but the best food I've ever put in my mouth is probably the thin crust from Supino Pizzeria in eastern market Detroit. There's a reason that place has a line out the door in the middle of winter.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UberDork
8/11/13 1:57 p.m.

This won't end well. In before the lock!

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
8/11/13 2:13 p.m.

Thanks, now I want hawaiian pizza for breakfast tomorrow.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
8/11/13 2:33 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Yes, dear. It's COOKED. I know it's hard to believe, but refrigerators haven't been around all that long. Somehow humans haven't gone extinct.

Truth.

I hate cold pizza. The very thought of it makes me gag. There's a bakery in my home town that makes REAL pizza.

No cheese, no toppings, just sauce and spices, and lots of it. Since I don't eat dairy, it's perfect.

I can eat a whole one to myself, it's so good.

Mr_Estrotica
Mr_Estrotica Reader
8/11/13 2:46 p.m.

Another from the thinner is better camp.

Another from the make I from scratch and kick ass all over the commercially available pies.

1 2 3 ... 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7i4e9aHIlo815eiYewD4BJ2zNlajwAx6Qi7bVsFJkXX5Yj20yCkPfLi0X4EQIZsM