1 2 3
Matt B
Matt B Dork
12/31/12 12:22 p.m.

In reply to Maroon92:

I'll call. I probably won't buy anything, but I'll call just to chat. You're boss ok with that?

Working today as well.

edit - I called, but Richard said you were just fuddling around the machine shop. You're fired!!!

slefain
slefain SuperDork
12/31/12 12:41 p.m.

I'm here...for now.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/31/12 12:43 p.m.

Work I am...

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro HalfDork
12/31/12 1:04 p.m.

I am off on New Years for the first time in 16+ years. Company moved our inventory to last Friday, normally it is done on the 31st. Nice change for me.

mapper
mapper Reader
12/31/12 1:17 p.m.

Yep. Hoping to get out of Atlanta before things start getting crowded tonight.

Just came across this:

At this time of year, when police check points come up with great regularity, I wanted to share a personal experience with drinking and driving: As you well know, some people have been known to have brushes with the authorities on the way home from an occasional social function. A couple of nights ago, I was out for an evening having a few cocktails with some friends. Knowing full well I may have been over the limit, I did something I had never done before--I took a cab home! Sure enough, I came to a police check point and since it was a cab, they just waved me right past. I arrived home safely without incident, which was a REAL surprise; as I have never driven a cab before, I'm not sure where I got it, or what to do with it now that it's in my garage!
Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
12/31/12 1:27 p.m.
Conquest351 wrote: Here all day. 7:30a - 5:30p. Absolutely slammed with oil changes and tire pressure lights on. People still don't understand how temperature effects tire pressures...

So people down there are as dumb as they are here...

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/31/12 1:36 p.m.

Off tonight, working tomorrow morning while everyone is sleeping off tonight.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
12/31/12 1:38 p.m.

In reply to Wally:

Right there with ya, Bruh.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/31/12 1:40 p.m.

just got home.. 6am till 2pm.. tomorrow is 5am till 1pm.. but it is ALL overtime

cdowd
cdowd Reader
12/31/12 2:31 p.m.

working full day. Looking forward to a day off tomorrow. Happy New Year to all.

Chris

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
12/31/12 2:37 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote:
Conquest351 wrote: Here all day. 7:30a - 5:30p. Absolutely slammed with oil changes and tire pressure lights on. People still don't understand how temperature effects tire pressures...

When I still had the truck, I had to go in for a top off of Nitrogen in the tires. He was shocked that freezing temps caused the pressure to go lower, "Nitrogen isn't supposed to do that."

I didn't argue with him.

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Dork
12/31/12 2:43 p.m.

Off until january 2nd, had a four day weekend. Although its been nice, I could really use the money.

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
12/31/12 2:51 p.m.
z31maniac wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:
When I still had the truck, I had to go in for a top off of Nitrogen in the tires. He was shocked that freezing temps caused the pressure to go lower, "Nitrogen isn't supposed to do that." I didn't argue with him.

Which is why EPA recommended tire pressures are listed as "cold tires". Usually it's just another idiot light for customers to ignore

My shop is open all day too. Actually pretty busy.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
12/31/12 3:08 p.m.
Matt B wrote: In reply to Maroon92: I'll call. I probably won't buy anything, but I'll call just to chat. You're boss ok with that? Working today as well. edit - I called, but Richard said you were just fuddling around the machine shop. You're fired!!!

I forgot to mention that there is another Brad at the west coast shop... You called out there and asked for the wrong Brad...

This could get confusing...

RexSeven
RexSeven UltraDork
12/31/12 4:28 p.m.

Working till 1am tonight, then working again tomorrow. I'm just glad my birthday was last Saturday or else I probably would have worked then too!

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
12/31/12 4:32 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote:

I stopped doing the amateur night when I got out of the hospitality business

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/31/12 4:40 p.m.

got out 1 hour early, off tomorrow.

Jerry
Jerry New Reader
12/31/12 5:32 p.m.

Not I. But grateful my favorite garage was open when the negative terminal on the MR2 decided to not play nice anymore, mid-flight. Quick battery terminal replace and home in no time.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/31/12 8:22 p.m.

I had a chance to go up there with IATSE Local 1 and do the drop. While the pay is good.. (75/hr until 11:30pm and then time and a half after) it is a E36 M3 job. You are ontop of a skyscraper in this weather, with almost no protection.

I had actually been tempted.. just to say I did it (which is the usual reason people do it) but with this virus I have.. I am really glad I didn't

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
12/31/12 8:39 p.m.

Drinking a selection of brews with my family, sorry guys, I paid my dues back in the day working New Years Eve as a cop getting kissed by all the girls at midnight.

Thinking of all of you.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
12/31/12 10:22 p.m.

I worked till 9. Tomorrow off.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
12/31/12 10:25 p.m.

First year since 2004 that I didn't work at a bar for New Years. I am not even going to watch a ball drop. Don't care.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/31/12 10:43 p.m.

Sorry guys. I've been off since Friday. Two four day weekends in a row.

Happy New Year

allen_m
allen_m New Reader
12/31/12 11:29 p.m.

There was a time that nothing was open on holidays, if it was a branded service station, Mobil, Standred or Texaco they would be open, but retail stores no. Have a Happy New Year. Allen

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette SuperDork
1/1/13 8:28 a.m.

Tinting a mustang this morn and more Roar prep work

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sJOVXEKtEg53aYGLD8jkV1eaLm1eOjCw1RWLaYv1iqWH97stOOPj2IeQK9Q8uQ96