1 2 3
aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
4/24/11 8:57 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: I learned to drive on a stick. Took my license test on a stick. I'm still alive.

x2

KATYB
KATYB Reader
4/24/11 10:03 p.m.

i was told i wasnt allowed to have an automatic. first car dodge colt turbo. dad took me to a big mall parking lot when i was 16 and just got my permit he would take me there at 4 am and teach me to drive. started with getting the car going with out the gas. worked up to getting all the way to 5th with no gas then back down only blipping for down shifts. then he worked on clutchless shifting with me. untill i mastered going through all the gears up and down on command of any gear i wasnt allowed out of the parking lot. worked out extremely well. also i swear i remember reading that driving a manual makes you less likely to have an accident because your more aware of road conditions. on a last note my dad was nuts. took me to that same parking lot when it snowed made my get up to 60 and then crank the wheel over and he would pull the ebrake just so i could learn to control a slide/spin properly. he tought me things for safety. i used them to street race.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tZs2ISgIJjWM6I49GcltwpQ1YSG6SEKJfBpIH8oveY1BB9H6u5jJbNRk4ciKuqeK