dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/27/23 12:35 p.m.

Just dragged this home for the engine, ECU, harness for my Boxster swap. Sadly no title so it can't be sold to register on the street. 

Everything else is up for grabs. It's a 2003 New Beetle "Color Concept" meaning it has matching Cyber Green interior accents.

Honestly that's what I'm hoping to sell first and leave exterior bits until I can clean up some other part outs. Namely finishing pulling parts off my blue Boxster shell and getting everything out of my 2004 Touareg part out. Then I'll be ready to really strip this down.

Turbo_Rev
Turbo_Rev Reader
8/27/23 1:51 p.m.

I was just thinking about the new Beetle for autocross activities. I'm in the midst of relocating and starting a new job, otherwise I'd start flirting with ya' little bit. GLWS.

P.S.- do you know of anyone who's built out the Turbo of GDI models for racin'? What's the method?

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
8/29/23 2:42 p.m.

Are the front seats manual or powered?

dan0
8/29/23 5:55 p.m.

Seats are manual. To my knowledge New Beetles (of the first generation) never had power seats. 

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
8/29/23 6:01 p.m.

In reply to dan0 :

What do you want for both seats?

Shipping- we could probably figure out a GRM relay, or you could ship them and I'd pay the freight. (I'd prefer the relay method, if possible.)

AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
8/29/23 7:05 p.m.

That's the best interior I've seen in one of those. Most of the glue and plastic in those has disintegrated. Be very gentle with the door panels if you remove them. Probably good money if they are intact.

dan0
8/31/23 8:23 p.m.

I was hoping to sell all the color concept interior in a package for $500. Seats front and rear, door panels, grab handle, shift knob, and e-brake cover. 

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
8/31/23 11:08 p.m.

In reply to dan0 :

Go for it. I only need front buckets, and can source them from elsewhere. Good Luck!!!

dan0
9/5/23 5:53 p.m.

I'm also considering selling the interior, keeping the car, putting a clutch and t-belt/water pump in it and make a challenge car out of it. 

Or just sell it as is for someone that may want to do the same. 

I kind of want to pick up an A4 Avant, but either this, my blue Boxster (scrap metal and a couple parts on decent stock wheels..), or my parts Touareg (V8, runs drives, stops, numerous other problems, no cats, etc.) has to go first...

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/5/23 6:13 p.m.

Wait, you are putting a VW engine in a Porsche?  laugh

dan0
9/5/23 6:40 p.m.

Yes, either this 1.8t or a 4.2 V8

dan0
9/23/23 7:06 p.m.

Also now considering just selling the whole car. Would be nice to clean up the yard before winter and one less project. 

As a car, no title sadly. Runs, drives (needs a clutch it slips) and stops. No battery and has a coolant leak. Drivers side door latch has been finicky and not latching fully. Could probably pull it apart and clean it nicely and make it work again. Front fender is broken apart slightly. On my list to do was to try plastic welding it from the inside. 

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
9/26/23 11:50 a.m.

How much do you want for the whole car?

dan0
9/26/23 3:28 p.m.

In reply to MrStickShift :

I paid $500, would like $500 back out of it. I was expecting the interior would be an easy sell on some enthusiast sites but I guess the New Beetle fever has died down a bit. 10 years ago the interior would have sold a lot quicker. 

dan0
12/22/23 8:54 a.m.

Still got this. Sold a number of parts. Engine, trans, door panels, radio, are all gone. Of everything I have hanging around this is what I want to move out first. I'll be working on it the next few days. 

Still have the green seats, front and rear. Sorry about before but now I'll consider selling just the fronts, and keep the rear myself to make a shop / garage seat. 

I have the wheels off it and the green inserts removed currently, will still try cleaning them up (a lot of brake dust) but the wheels are in OK shape with some rash but overall straight 5x100 17" x 7". One tire is bad, might have run flat some, I pulled it off the bead and inside was chunks of the tire coming apart. Tired to reseat the bead (no cleanup) and it leaks around the bead. Have a 16" full size spare to go with them.  

dan0
1/18/24 12:00 p.m.

Wheels sold, just other parts left. Still got the seats. I guess nobody in the VW world wanted some pretty limited seats. Not sure if anyone here has a New Beetle or mk4 VW as some parts transfer over. Here's it's state a couple days before the snow storm. Just have the sunroof to drop out, try to extricate the glass (windshield and quarter) and then drop the subframes out and fuel tank. Cut up and scrap the rest.

dan0
1/20/24 2:46 p.m.

Anybody in the CT area want some scrap metal? I'd love to just make this gone quickly rather than dropping the sub frames and cutting more of it into smaller pieces. Have two scrap transmissions I could toss in too (GM and VW). Keeping the doors that are in the background, just what's on the cinder blocks. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xQKMllxiEPoNyjypdB4LxsWKrUXJ8sqgaIm2aIhSnIYsaL7d1XfQw1yW6GCBsub7