1 2 3 ... 8
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/3/24 11:15 p.m.

Next week 1/10/24

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/4/24 11:19 a.m.

Image result for fAST AND FURIOUS Mazda Rx 7, Tv Cars, Cars Movie, Cars Trucks, Fast And Furious ...

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/4/24 11:41 a.m.

A classic style promotional poster for a car race titled 'FD RX7' featuring a 1995 Mazda RX7

dean1484
1/6/24 8:42 a.m.

People can post up ideas here for testing. We are still looking for a series to run next now that the holidays are behind us. 

Racebrick
Racebrick HalfDork
1/6/24 8:45 a.m.

Let's just run the 914s

I like the idea of running the 914's in a full series as well as the RX-7 Spirit R. I really don't fancy a P71 series, having spent a decent amount of time around them and driving my parents grand marquis from time to time. As an alternative I would very much like to have a series with the E28 M5 having owned one and driving it hard all over the Ozark hills for a decade. It even did touring laps at Road Atlanta at the Mitty in 2015, so its been on the track, just not in anger. There are two versions of it in AC, I havent driven the lower spec one in AC yet but the prepped version was a lot of fun to tool around the track in.

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
1/8/24 8:34 a.m.

I like the 914... fun to drive, while not being too much of a handful.  I haven't had a chance to download  the Spirit R yet, may try to do that today.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/8/24 12:10 p.m.

I found the 914-6 very entertaining to drive.  I am not sure everyone is good with it, but if we avoid bumpy, hilly courses, it will likely be easier to deal with.  I think the P-71's might be worth another try on some rather short courses, they will almost certainly result in rather close races, and likely some bumping.

BTW, this is what Bing AI thinks a 914 looks like.  Not a bad modern interpretation, but...  

A Porsche 914 sliding around a race course corner

dean1484
1/8/24 2:28 p.m.

A little more tire on the 914 would be nice. It needs a little more race car in it. 

dean1484
1/8/24 5:37 p.m.

I may try and be on tonight to mess around. I will put up on discord if I am. 

dean1484
1/8/24 5:38 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Do we think we could actually build that car in AC

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/8/24 7:19 p.m.

It kind of looks like a cross between a Dino and a Cayman.   For AC, someone would need to model the body.

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
1/8/24 7:24 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

I was thinking there was a little 904 in there as well.  It's actually a really good looking car, for a GROACHE... cheeky

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
1/10/24 5:14 p.m.

Major upgrade to the sim rig for tonight... pretty much an all day wrench fest to get this together.  Of course the VESA mounts that came with the stand put the cables straight into the support arms, so I had to modify some stuff to make it work.   But it's up and running.  Still playing with settings, but it's already a huge improvement over the large, but 1080, TV I was using.

Anyone know what/where we're driving?  The server was down last time I checked....

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/10/24 8:28 p.m.

In reply to Rodan :

Server is still down but I love your new rig!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/24 6:37 p.m.

Most likely 914/6s again on the next race, we were trying out the Donington Park full course.

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
1/12/24 11:35 a.m.

914's at Donnington sound fun.

I was looking at my GIMP program the other day, I think I will try to create a colour skin for the 914.  If I can I will send it over to you guys for confirmation.

See you all on the flip side.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/14/24 12:57 a.m.

Here is a promo shot I did for the series.  I can add the track list if we have it.  I would create a new thread, but I won't be able to edit it once I post it, so if we don't have a list I can just use this.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/15/24 2:54 p.m.

Just an reminder, if anyone is in need of a Logitech shifter, I have two of them I am willing to give away.  I have not need for them.  They use a RS232 9 Pin serial connector to connect to the underside of the wheel.  These are for a G27 and the internet says it works with a G29 (check your connectors).  They do make a 9 pin to USB adapter to plug it straight into a PC (but that is $35).  This one also have has a shift gate mode to make it shift a bit better.

https://www.amazon.com/LICHIFIT-Gearshift-Replacement-Logitech-G29-Modification/dp/B096S7SRQN/ref=sr_1_19?crid=7H2Q9GQX8ANM&keywords=Logitech+shifter&qid=1705348004&sprefix=logitech+shifter%2Caps%2C140&sr=8-19

Video about shifter compatability: https://youtu.be/IMeQl1JmkPI?si=FqPVuKzj51risaSG

dean1484
1/16/24 12:42 a.m.
aircooled said:

Here is a promo shot I did for the series.  I can add the track list if we have it.  I would create a new thread, but I won't be able to edit it once I post it, so if we don't have a list I can just use this.

I like that.  

We should start the series this week. We can go with Watkins Glen since we have been practicing there so people know it.  

A have a couple ideas for tracks but I want to do a little testing. 

dean1484
1/16/24 5:12 p.m.

New Stuff in the Testing / Cars folder

Should we start or test tomorrow

Since Air made a poster for the 914 I think that car has been chosen.

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
1/16/24 5:19 p.m.

The Testing Folder is getting a little busy... Is it just the Clio and TCR cars that are new?

EDIT - was hoping for a Clio V6...

dean1484
1/17/24 11:31 p.m.

We are starting season 13 next week with the 1970 914 6.  The first track will be Calabogie which is up on the server.  The track and the car are up on the google drive.  We will be taking suggestions for tracks.  This car is very good at big tracks so all GP tracks are definitely on the table.   

Other tracks that will most likely be run include

Riverside (Air's Pick)

Silverstone (My Pick)

I would like to get a total of 8 or 10 tracks from you all.  Otherwise, I will be picking more tracks and I am thinking Bathurst ;-)

I am hoping we can get the tracks sorted quickly so Air can start a new thread and have the first post of the new thread include the tracks.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/18/24 6:25 p.m.

Was it Mike who was going to send me some info on the car he is trying to replicate?  I am not sure where that went in Discord.  If you could post it here, I can give it a try. Also, I had another idea.....

....I can take everyone's screen name and produce a semi-appropriate AI generated image for it... and put it on the hood of each car...

... yes, seems like a horrible idea... but that happens when I get to make choices...  to quote Flounder from Animal House:  "Oh boy... this is going to be greeeeaaaat...."

retrocrx
retrocrx New Reader
1/18/24 7:45 p.m.

Hi Guys,

I'm a friend of Mike Kirby's and I'd like to join in on the Assetto Corsa Shenanigans......

Any chance you guys could send me a discord invite........

I go by retrocrx on Discord.........or you could contact me at   retrocrx  AT  gmail  DOT com

Cheers

Rob

1 2 3 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
W9xKpMiijZl0Zwz5Plg3f8hvzs1fCe5XATmpHO5xbWAHy45nSuPjocbMThSqhePX