David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/30/14 8:47 p.m.

Then send me a high-res photo and some details. I'm getting low on submissions for the magazine's Pit Bikes section. What is it? What makes it special? Why does it make you happy?

Also, what makes a good photo?

Minimum spec of 1280x960 pixels--but even bigger is preferred.

In focus/not blurry.

Clean, uncluttered background.

No parts of the bike cutoff.

david at grassrootsmotorsports.com

Thanks.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/30/14 9:38 p.m.

I do, but it's in pieces going through a engine change. I might have posted this the last time you asked.

I send you some pictures when/if I get it back together.

subrew
subrew Reader
2/6/14 10:40 p.m.

My latest project bike. It started life as a scrap Honda C100 frame, and was built entirely from spare parts I raided from the parts bins. The engine is a C110 pushrod 4-spd bottom end, with a ported cast-iron C100 cylinder head. Rebuilt carb, increased compression, bigger exhaust etc. Front forks are from an old Yamaha YG1, and the rear features a funky sliding pillar setup using VW valve springs. The paint is key lime green as a base, with a top coat of gold sparkle on top. Big knobby 3x18 Shinko tires on 18x2.15 aluminum rims.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
2/14/14 7:03 p.m.

I do, but because of the weather, I can't get a decent pic of it right now

Graefin10
Graefin10 SuperDork
2/14/14 7:32 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: I do, but it's in pieces going through a engine change. I might have posted this the last time you asked. I send you some pictures when/if I get it back together.

What engine are you changing to? Good looking bike. Did you put it together? What, if anything, would you do differently?

irishpwr46
irishpwr46 New Reader
2/19/14 10:37 p.m.

I used to bring my atc 350x out to the races a lot. kind of just letting it waste away now though

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8FbE9N6IngSEQUyOxvAjux727WfINzoYHnj16JLDzsqiuI1ZhhGYvhX2Ml6ON5qM