1984 Mazda RX-7
Started on Feb. 24, 2009, 11:53 a.m.
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE with a Tender Blue exterior and Grey Interior
- 13B Streetported by Pettit Racing
- RX-8 Rotating Assembly and FD rotor housings courtesy of Mazdaspeed
- Racing Beat Streetport Exhaust System
- AEM Filter
- Racing Beat 9lb Aluminum Flywheel
- ACT 6 Puck Clutch
- Stock GSL-SE limited slip differential with 4.083 final drive ratio
- Front RE-Speed Coilovers with Tokico Illuminas
- Rear RE-Speed Springs and Adjusters with Tokico Illuminas
- Energy Suspension Bushings Front
- Stock Front and Rear with Hawk HP Plus Pads Front
I owned an identical 1985 GSL-SE in high-school which died at the hands of a friend who put it a curb. Hard. Hard enough to bend the subframe and misalign the body panels.
I bought after deciding that nothing else would fill the void and took it from an almost stock car to its current state. I has been through two paint jobs under my care after I mistakenly let my younger brother park it under a Jeep, fortunately the damage was minor.
This spring it the engine tune will be sorted out by the guys at www.diyautotune.com when they install a Megasquirt on it at the the Mitty. The car is used for auto-x, hpde events, regular driving duties and will hopefully be competing in some time trial type events.
A special thanks goes out to:
- Everyone at MazdaSpeed
- Racing Beat
- Cameron at Pettit Racing
- Billy at RE-Speed
- Jerry at DIYAutoTune
- Paul at Mazmart
1984 Mazda RX-7 SpecsExpand
live axle (rear)
Related Project Cars:
Latest Project Updates
Shades of Exhaust
Our RX-7 gets a new Racing Beat Exhaust System before heading off to The Mitty for a Megasquirt install.
Get Rid of Those Old Shoes
After four years of faithful service, we say goodbye to the 17-inch Konig Imagines on our 84 RX-7.
1984 Mazda RX-7 Specs
live axle (rear)