ErikTheSwede
ErikTheSwede New Reader
3/11/19 8:53 p.m.

Just got done reading this month's GRM and was disappointed that there were no 1/4 mile times. Being a drag racer at heart, I love to see the times people run on a shoestring budget. I would've been devastated to get there and find out there was no 1/4 mile runs. Hopefully 2019 will make me happy

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
3/12/19 6:06 a.m.

It Was Well Publicized there would be no Drag.Race, You Were not Alone Though

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
3/12/19 7:41 a.m.

Some teams took that as a Challenge and brought a car that’s been traditionally stronger in the drags to an autocross only event. I’m proud of how well we did and that we didn’t throw our hands up and give up with no drags  

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
3/12/19 8:32 a.m.

And a few other teams stayed home to spend that time and money differently which also makes sense. Looking forward to watching the drag cars do their thing again next year. 

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
3/12/19 11:52 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

That's very true.  I'm not meaning to say they were wrong but I know we made the right decision for us. Hell I finally somewhat figured out Concours so just that was worth it.

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
3/14/19 6:40 a.m.

Stampie, your trophy was well deserved. 

They did set up the second auto cross to have a drag race start, but of course not the same as having real 1/4 mile times. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/14/19 7:24 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

And a few other teams stayed home to spend that time and money differently which also makes sense. Looking forward to watching the drag cars do their thing again next year. 

I now have zero credit card debt, so the change was a blessing in disguise.  Instead of thrash to finish car then use a credit card to get there and back, i was able to work more, take build time to sell some stuff sitting around, and nuke all the debts.  

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
3/14/19 7:59 a.m.
spin_out said:

Stampie, your trophy was well deserved. 

They did set up the second auto cross to have a drag race start, but of course not the same as having real 1/4 mile times. 

Thanks, that means a lot coming from you .

ErikTheSwede
ErikTheSwede New Reader
3/18/19 7:27 p.m.

I'm not gonna say I wouldn't have had fun. A bad day at the track is always better than a good day at work. I'm just glad I didn't kill myself trying to get the car done just to find that there was no drag race

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qSpz71QH6Yd5axoP5Ra5s9njcC3p73z2CaBjs7K30HJ6dJoUzDfJfixa4G74pyFI