hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/26/13 12:30 p.m.

Too many projects, too little time. I'm throwing this out here if someone wants to pick up and build for the challenge, use for parts, whatever.

1987 Dodge Shelby Charger GLHS clone. Drivetrain swapped to a non-sunroof car early in it's life. 2.5L block with T2 head, computer, etc. Paint is shot and there is some rust on drivers side windshield lower cowling. Interior has been stripped as plastic was flaking to death. Both original seats are in car and I have rear seat.

The Good: The car runs and sounds strong Brand new gas tank installed with Walbro 255 fuel pump 4 phone dial rims with used autocross tires (Thanks Pat) 2 steel wheels with used drag tires (Thanks Pat) Receipts for engine build for over $2800 (PO) Aftermarket boost and AFM gauge

The bad: Shift linkage is shot but I have heimed replacement set just needing to be installed Car has an intermittent issue where it will not refire when warmed up. I believe this is a wiring issue.

I had this car running and driving and was bringing to the 2011 challenge when the shift linkage disintegrated the night I was loading onto the trailer. I may have the best intentions but this is in the way of getting my '66 volvo on the road and I need the space. This is a great start for someone wanting to come to the 2013 Challenge in the under $1000 class and play.

The GLHS tag, dash plaque, correct instrument cluster and engine are worth more than I'm asking parted out.

Car is located in Dunedin, FL Price $950.00

Link to photobucket album

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
4/26/13 1:17 p.m.

Photobucket album is set to "Private."

hobiercr
4/26/13 1:32 p.m.

Fixed. Thanks for letting me know.

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine New Reader
4/26/13 3:38 p.m.

I hate u. I don't have the monies:-( I love the old body.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
4/26/13 3:45 p.m.

128racecar
128racecar New Reader
4/26/13 8:16 p.m.

How much for the GLC race car next to it?

hobiercr
4/27/13 10:11 a.m.
128racecar wrote: How much for the GLC race car next to it?

Unfortunately that is not for sale as I still have evil plans for it.

I may be convinced to sell this one though.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/27/13 10:58 a.m.

Oh god why did I look at his profile?!?! he's right down the street!

hobiercr
4/27/13 12:07 p.m.

I hate my auto ADD and my inability to leave a project unfinished.

So here is another option. I'm sick of working on my cars alone. None of my local buddies are committed enough to be on any sort of team and offer regular wrenching assistance, or even more, motivation to just show up.

If there is anyone in the greater Tampa area that wants to go the 2013 Challenge and be on a team, drop me a PM. Come help me wrench and we'll go to Gainesville and wreak havoc with this thing. At which point it will be for sale to any one who wants to drag it home, running and driving (maybe) , for the same price. Team members will be given first dibs.

Or, come get it now...

Cooter
Cooter New Reader
4/27/13 11:03 p.m.

Someone PLEASE buy my Roadmaster wagon so I can get this.

Cooter
Cooter New Reader
5/4/13 5:15 p.m.

Do you think I could get away with a fly 'n drive?

It's only 1200 miles, give or take.

AwDang
AwDang New Reader
5/4/13 7:35 p.m.
hobiercr wrote:
128racecar wrote: How much for the GLC race car next to it?
Unfortunately that is not for sale as I still have evil plans for it. I may be convinced to sell this one though.

yeah, gonna need some more pics and details on that one, please

hobiercr
6/28/13 2:46 p.m.

Bump

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
9/25/13 3:44 p.m.

Free bump as its evidently still for sale

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
y7dv1GoEl801switPreRqIsZMqxLW5SHE9YKOfyxC2hg8bJokuNsofCRym1k8d9m