NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
5/25/24 2:03 p.m.

That is going to look spectacular. 

Pete

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/25/24 2:14 p.m.

Hi, I'm Morgan Freeman, and I'm pointing to the comment above and saying "he's right, you know."

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/25/24 2:26 p.m.

I am really looking forward to getting home and looking at the pictures of the tuna truck and the travel all on my computer instead of my phone screen vibrating on my dashboard. It is a fantastic week for grm project cars and for the men behind them

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
5/25/24 2:36 p.m.

So:

I'm happy the hood got two coats on the top. It looks the best and is encouraging, even though it wasn't critical today. It was sitting there. The interior looks nice too. The next step is to bolt the inner fenders and hinges to the truck, and to bolt the latch plate to the hood underside. Then I need to repair a color spot on a fender, one tiny spot on the bed, before proceeding. Proceeding looks like two coats clear on fenders and doors and installing them. This may happen Monday. I'm pumped and intimidated at the same time. When I'm out there it's all great. Sitting here thinking about it is daunting. 

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
5/25/24 2:44 p.m.

Also: I'm not pleased with the bedside where I added the fuel filler. I'm going to proceed with it, but I may come back to it eventually. It's a bit odd but I can't tell how bad. I think the heat from welding in the filler thing so many years ago has messed with it. Odd since it looked so good in guide coat. 

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
5/26/24 1:00 p.m.
5/26/24 7:41 p.m.

Nice work, Tuna!

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
5/26/24 8:26 p.m.

Is there a reasonable easy to reduce the humidity in my tent? I have a few good hours tomorrow and I really need them but the humidity will be very high again

Dusterbd13-michael
5/26/24 8:33 p.m.

Dehumidifiers running wide open?

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
5/26/24 9:42 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Dehumidifiers running wide open?

I don't own one, and they are expensive. 

Well I own four, because an air conditioner is a dehumidifier. Routing the ac vent from a car or the house seems like a bad idea though. 

I'm blowing air in from a shop vac. I can just make a desiccant dryer to the hose maybe. It's diy but cheap enough. 

5/26/24 9:49 p.m.

Rent a dehumidifier for a day?

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
5/27/24 6:21 a.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

Rent a dehumidifier for a day?

Good call hd has one. I can run it and then cover it to spray. 

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
5/27/24 8:12 a.m.

Don't mind me, the dehumidifier is running in the tent and I'm stressing about what color I should have painted the bolts for the door hinges and hood hinges before today 

Dusterbd13-michael
5/27/24 8:58 a.m.

Black. Or stainless. Dont overthink hardware. They always get scarrd up during assembly, so i make them a plated color for durability. Not painted. 

5/27/24 9:19 a.m.

Duster is right, plus they can be removed one at a time for a leisurely DIY electroplating as rolling upgrade *after* she's a driver.

5/27/24 9:20 a.m.

Duster is right, plus they can be removed one at a time for a leisurely DIY electroplating as rolling upgrade *after* she's a driver.

5/27/24 9:20 a.m.

5/27/24 9:21 a.m.

They can be removed one at a time for DIY electroplating after she's a driver. Dusty is right, don't overthink assembly hardware at this point.

5/27/24 9:21 a.m.

They can be removed one at a time for DIY electroplating after she's a driver. Dusty is right, don't overthink assembly hardware at this point.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
5/27/24 9:40 a.m.

These spots are getting the last of the basecoat today. Then I clear things. 

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
5/27/24 9:41 a.m.

These spots are getting the last of the basecoat today. Then I clear things. 

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
5/27/24 9:42 a.m.

This stuff is getting basecoat today

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
5/27/24 9:42 a.m.

This stuff is getting basecoat today

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
5/27/24 9:44 a.m.

I've been trying, and spending too long, to try to get pictures to attach here but something is going terribly wrong. Anyway, I have the ugly spot on the driver's side of the bed and two little tiny spots on the passenger side of the bed which need more base coat. I have a spot right over the driver's door that needs more base coat. I have one door that needs base coat just because the finish was weird. I will not have enough base coat for the tailgate to be finished, but that's okay.

I just bolted the inner fenders to the truck. That's a really exciting step for me. 

After the base coat stuff, I will start putting things in clear. Fenders first, then they get bolted on.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
5/27/24 9:53 a.m.

I'm having considerable difficulty with the forum right now, I have some pictures but I apparently can't post them. Anyway the inner fenders are bolted on and I'm excited about that. I have a few spots to hit with base coat, but I'm going to run out of base coat before getting to the tailgate. For now, I'll mix up the last batch of Base coat and handle the issues on both bedsides, one door, and a tiny bit of one fender, and one spot above the door on the cab before proceeding with clear today.

1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 ... 159

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pioRsZpel0WitED8oiEyBHucyBCIkuUbVcnXMKcJVIXVaOWh8dcoyfhmV6ShqBYj