1 2 3 4 5 6
Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox Dork
11/17/11 10:54 a.m.

In reply to Conquest351:

Yeah, this is good stuff. Keep it coming.

Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox Dork
11/17/11 10:55 a.m.

Also, those big rocks are great for use as pavers, steps, etc. I've got a few of them in my yard. They aren't fun to move, though.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/17/11 10:59 a.m.

I am ready!

Conquest351
Conquest351 HalfDork
11/17/11 11:03 a.m.

I actually took these just the other day. We got electricity Monday, so I could take good pictures. I've been getting home after dark. Paint and tile happened a couple of weeks ago.

Office

Front Door & Entry

Master Closet Built In

Master Bath

Garden Tub

Master counter and sink. We were going to get 2, but the price was insane. That'll be something for later.

Kourtlyn exploring the bathroom

Kourtlyn's room

2nd bath counter

2nd bath

Laundry room

Conquest351
Conquest351 HalfDork
11/17/11 11:07 a.m.

Kelcie's room we repainted. She wanted it special and had a special request. The wife did all of this while I was working.

Kourtlyn playing in her new bathroom

Yeah, it's pink...

Repainted EVERYTHING white first...

The wife freehanded all the Zebra stripes. Took her 3 days.

Conquest351
Conquest351 HalfDork
11/17/11 11:10 a.m.

Remember that super awesome AC unit I got? Well here's the beast...

I need to get a better pic, but it tells you the weather and inside & outside temps & humidity.

The unit is 5 friggin feet tall!!!

Conquest351
Conquest351 HalfDork
11/17/11 11:16 a.m.

Now we're at my favorite part. The kitchen. In these pics the cabinets look kinda purple. They are really dark cherry.

Big pantry!

Dishwasher!! Been hand washing EVERYTHING for 3 months. Thank you tiny 8 lb baby Jesus for this dishwasher!

Oven & microwave!!

Stainless sink & big window!

The whole package!!

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
11/17/11 11:17 a.m.

Words cannot describe how jealous of that kitchen i am.

Conquest351
Conquest351 HalfDork
11/17/11 11:18 a.m.

Bathrooms are done!

2nd bath sink. You really don't need to see the toilet, do you?

Master bath!!

Conquest351
Conquest351 HalfDork
11/17/11 11:20 a.m.

Well kids, that's all I have for now. We'll see what they got up this evening when I get off work. LOL All we have left is paint touch ups, carpet, septic hookup, cleaning crews, and final walk through. We should be moving in on Dec. 1.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/17/11 11:51 a.m.

Winning!

cwh
cwh SuperDork
11/17/11 11:52 a.m.

How long, start to finish? After hearing so many horror stories, this one has gone exceedingly well. Congrats on finding the good contractors. What is the economy like in Brownwood TX? Are the home builders hungry?

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/17/11 12:10 p.m.

Sweet kitchen. The whole place looks really good!

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
11/17/11 12:37 p.m.

Incredible. Awesome to watch the whole thing come together. Odd question though, what happens to the cabin after you move into the real house? That'd make a neat playhouse for the lil one.

pigeon
pigeon Dork
11/17/11 12:44 p.m.

That looks great. And, because it slipped a page over HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
11/17/11 12:54 p.m.

Youre doing it right

Conquest351
Conquest351 HalfDork
11/17/11 1:47 p.m.

HAHAHA!!

I wish I could eat gold covered grapes. LOL The whole construction process started August 18th. That's when the forms were set for the foundation. We signed the paperwork to get the ball rolling in April. The trailer was moved on July 18th.

The cabin actually belongs to the mother-in-law. She comes in from New Mexico to cook for a large 4500 acre hunting ranch during hunting seasons. She stays there and out of our hair. LOL It's great for one person, but not so great for 4.

Thanks for the Birthday wishes and the kind words about the house. We're hella proud. LOL

Conquest351
Conquest351 HalfDork
11/17/11 2:55 p.m.

Carpet installers should be there today according to contractor. We'll see when I get home.

I have to say, I was concerned about the entire build when we first looked at it. Horror stories abound when talking about such a decision. Tilson Homes makes the entire process EASY. I have one contractor I texted every Monday and asked for the schedule. He knew what was going on at every stage, and if he didn't he'd find out within a couple of hours. If you're in Texas, these are the guys to go to. No construction loan BS, they just do it as a mortgage. It's like you're buying a house from them, it's just custom built for you, not being built for you. Know what I mean?

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
11/17/11 3:35 p.m.
Conquest351 wrote:

Looks John Marston's place at McFarlane's Ranch.

Extremely cool, but yeah, I can see that with a crowd your size, it's a tight squeeze.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
11/17/11 5:38 p.m.

Looks amazing, congrats!

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Reader
11/17/11 5:47 p.m.

Awesome build thanks for sharing!

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
11/17/11 8:15 p.m.

AWESOME!!! I wish I would've known a little more about the whole process when we built our place. All in all it's pretty solid, but I've re-done all the "finish" work that was completed by lazy retards from 3rd world countries.

Conquest351
Conquest351 HalfDork
11/18/11 8:23 a.m.

We has carpet!!

Kourt playing with the door stopper. LOL

The laminate in front of the tub and shower in the master bath

Master bath

Office

Kelcie's room

Kourtlyn in her room making front snow angels. LOL She was crackin' me up.

Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox Dork
11/18/11 8:35 a.m.

I like the kid. You should keep her. Even though she will probably do bad things to your new carpet and freshly painted walls.

Conquest351
Conquest351 HalfDork
11/18/11 8:52 a.m.
Otto Maddox wrote: I like the kid. You should keep her. Even though she will probably do bad things to your new carpet and freshly painted walls.

Yeah, thank God we have that stainmaster carpet and enamel "wipe-away" paint on the walls. We tried to be prepared.

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JDGc4NMCbzi2DIxFvAXmAuVyqZ5eCFho250ADmy4sQNBjIPHDg7l8GiiI4reVbh7