1 ... 4 5 6
dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/5/23 7:01 p.m.

I was a VW service writer for 5 years. It should be there but it's not on this one. I had asked the seller to check. But figured it was a decent enough deal just being a running and driving 1.8t especially with the color concept interior.

fouckhest
fouckhest New Reader
9/6/23 7:22 a.m.
dan0 said:

I was a VW service writer for 5 years. It should be there but it's not on this one. I had asked the seller to check. But figured it was a decent enough deal just being a running and driving 1.8t especially with the color concept interior.

oh wow, thats interesting, not sure i've ever seen that

dan0
1/22/24 9:09 a.m.

Small update:

Silver shell still sitting in the garage. Waiting for Spring to roll out and work on. Hoping I can a hardtop at a reasonable price in a few months. 

Blue original, not sure what to do with. It's either sell off suspension components and wheels for money for the silver one or keep messing around with it. Thought would be to hang all the body panels I can and cut more of the back off and tube it along with a roll cage. Making the engine compartment very open and easy to access. 

If I did that I'd need another transmission and engine for the silver Boxster, so I'd look for a B5 Passat with a 1.8t and manual transmission. Then I could drop that into the silver shell pretty easily. Even easier than the New Beetle 1.8t to Boxster would have been. 

dan0
3/13/24 6:33 p.m.

With the rain and snow haven't pulled the silver Boxster out to work on. But This past week have gotten to pulling apart the blue one. 

dan0
3/13/24 6:38 p.m.

dan0
3/22/24 9:02 a.m.

Well the original "crushed" Boxster is now gone. Aside from some parts the shell is gone. I really dreamed of still keeping it and doing something but needed to clean up around the house. 

Still want to sell off more of the parts I have left because I have a tally going of what I've spent versus sold. Would be neat to see how cheap I could make it on paper. 

dan0
3/22/24 9:07 a.m.

And still waffling on engine choice.

Touareg 4.2l V8 - 310hp. Pros I have it already and spare parts. Cons more work involved. Other Audi 4.2 V8 have been swapped but this one will be a little different. 

VW 1.8t - Seems like the easiest option. Been done a bunch, main thing is building one engine mount to tie into the stock front mount. Could even potentially find a FWD Passat parts car and have engine and transmission together already. 

VR6 - It has been done before, in between on difficulty. But wookie noises... And I have a 3.2 VR6 Audi so twinsies...

fouckhest
fouckhest Reader
3/22/24 10:27 a.m.

24v VR6 with a small frame turbo would be a blast!

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oDqiIO9jjBpSqxH3r5jceCtByNhSmTBicnoPOU3F5rJCZOUrxMgJorAZnJmtoGFY