1 2 3 4
JShaawbaru
JShaawbaru Reader
5/18/22 7:48 a.m.

Haven't been driving the Jaaaaag much, mostly due to still-rising gas prices. I just can't justify spending over $5/gallon on a car that gets 18mpg at best. I get paid mileage to drive to work right now since I'm working off-site, and it sucks up a majority of the money.

CEL came back on a little while ago, haven't scanned it yet to see what the code is, but it doesn't seem to be anything serious, since it's still driving fine. I also haven't done anything more to diagnose the cruise control issue.

I'll probably be taking it off my insurance, at least for a couple months, and maybe bring out my *other* supercharged car, since it at least gets 25-30mpg.

There's a good chance I'll be selling it, but I'm not sure if it'll be later this year, or if I'll wait until next year, so I can get the most out of my registration fees. If gas prices plummet, maybe I'll change my mind. At some point though, I have to either sell this or my '64 Galaxie, since I'm actually over my 5-car maximum, and the Galaxie is a lot cheaper to register/insure, and at least it doesn't need premium fuel. If I do put it up for sale, you'll see it here first before I list it anywhere else.

JShaawbaru
JShaawbaru Reader
6/9/22 5:06 p.m.

Ok, so it's official, yesterday I took the plate off the XJR, so it's for sure for sale.

I picked it up for $2200, which included the extra wheels and tires, and the only expense I've had that I'd think adds value is the new tires on those wheels, so I'd take $2600 OBO for the car with current wheels and tires, plus the 16" set with the snow tires that were on it when I bought it from Indy. 

I'll try to make an official sale thread soon, but I know there are some links from the previous build threads and sale ad, so hopefully that will give enough info if someone is interested. Forum PM *should* work.

Indy - Guy said:

I'm gonna go ahead and put some info in here:

Link to the current for sale ad

Link to for sale ad that Lugnut listed when Robbie bought it

Link to post Robbie made shortly after picking it up

I hope the car is a good one for you and that you keep it for a LONG time, we've really enjoyed having it.

Sorry that I couldn't keep it for a long time, I did enjoy driving it, but not quite enough to keep it with how high gas prices are right now.

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
6/9/22 5:35 p.m.

You should ask for more than $2600.

JShaawbaru
JShaawbaru Reader
6/9/22 5:39 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Outside GRM it certainly would be, but I'd like to pass the deal I got along to the next person.

It did have a stability system warning message the last time I started it up, but I only moved it a few feet so it might be nothing.

Cruise control also still doesn't work, and the usual method of replacing the switch didn't fix it, so that's also an unknown. 

I would be happy to take more than $2600 though, if someone wants to offer more.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FSEgVzNvfdDdeJnaXsznOtA5Zi4nnlpRH4mef1TOKGsm9Rr2jYJ91mI6AkdXXre4