1 2 3 4
singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
10/27/22 9:45 a.m.

In reply to nocones :

A certain set of enablers already sent that glorious beast to me. I am really on board with that. 

Need new wheels, zero to negative off set. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
10/27/22 4:05 p.m.

No with 100% less Donk. Still ugly but shouldn't rub and the tires shouldn't exploded. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
10/27/22 4:05 p.m.

This is heading a good direction, paint those bad boys white and you've got a rally car.

Speedline Type 2118 Gravel Rally Wheel, 15x7, 5x114.3, ET49 – Mann  Engineering

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/27/22 4:13 p.m.
Byrneon27 said:

Very far down on my list of challenge project ideas resides a single phrase

"Autocross Donk" 

Call me before you sell the wheels. 

Donkocross. 

Donkykong?

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
10/27/22 4:20 p.m.

Long term I am not sure about keeping them. Tire choices for a 16x7 aren't great for a 3800 car. I only have $250 in the 18x9/11 wheels and spacers that are on the Town Car.

Problem there is that they are on the car with not very performance oriented tires.

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
10/28/22 1:54 a.m.
Byrneon27 said:

Very far down on my list of challenge project ideas resides a single phrase

"Autocross Donk" 

Call me before you sell the wheels. 

Donk class at the challenge

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
10/28/22 9:25 a.m.

Just came to say that donks, and the people who build them, are friggin cool. Never thought I liked those cars until I saw one run a 10 and my mind was instantly changed.

OPs car is still awesome also, even un-donked. 

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/28/22 10:09 a.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

That panther is donk for life.  You can take the panther off the donk, but you can't take the donk off the panther.   

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
10/28/22 10:43 a.m.

In reply to nocones :

Those rub marks on the frame and fenders agree with you. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
10/28/22 4:07 p.m.

I bypassed the activation module for those IMRC flaps that Gumby posted in the post challenge parking lot build thread. Seemed happier but still not right. There were these two sensors hanging out behind the intake pipe. One is for those actuators but not sure what the second one is and the part number has rubber off. 

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
10/29/22 7:57 p.m.

I've now seen this in person and it is bonkers. 

Your ratio of quality-of-decision to quality-of-outcome is REALLY high here.  (That is to say...this was a really good terrible decision).  Proceed sir.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
10/29/22 8:43 p.m.

The second one looks like a MAP sensor? But i dunno if it is supposed to be intake pressure or atmospheric pressure.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
10/29/22 8:59 p.m.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/carquest-premium-egr-pressure-sensor-egc1355/12476145-P?vehicleIdSearch=29720&isAllVehicle=false 

Egr pressure sensor or "dpfe" sensor. Might be stock to the crown Vic not the motor donor.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
10/29/22 11:12 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Unplugging both sensors didn't effect performance.

I'm currently trying to lock the IMRC open but the drivers side is being difficult. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
10/30/22 8:26 a.m.

Unless you're totally deleting the egr, I think I'd want the sensor plugged in and connected to the system so that the egr can work correctly, no?

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
10/30/22 11:50 a.m.

Sure, makes sense. 

I started tying off the IMRC but the drivers side one has the throttle cable on top of it and getting to it has proved challenging. 

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/30/22 12:09 p.m.

Some years of these the wiper cowl and tray are pretty simple to remove. Creates quite a bit of access back there.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
10/30/22 3:06 p.m.

Got the actuators wired open. Definitely feels better but still doesn't feel any faster than my 2v auto town car. Did plugs and am oil change while I was in there. Added some marvel oil to the crankcase and gas tank.

The ticking from the head is a bit more consistent now which isn't confident inspiring. Making progress though. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/31/22 8:59 a.m.

In reply to singleslammer :

What viscosity did you use for oil? May need to thicken it up a little. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
10/31/22 9:49 a.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

5w20 which while recommended is certainly thin. The marvel oil is also awfully thin too. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/31/22 12:37 p.m.

An older engine you may want to step that to a 5W30 to try. Rio recommends 5W20 but at highway speeds/load it burns it like a 2-stroke. I am running 0W40 right now. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
11/8/22 9:16 p.m.

Took the car in for a IDOD (inspection to get an out of state vehicle titled to me). The mechanic was rather confused about this car. Had a good chuckle. 

I am hoping to get time for a compression test tomorrow to see how healthy the engine is. Stay tuned. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
11/10/22 8:14 p.m.

I ran a compression test today and everything was 140+. Maybe not perfect but also no immediate issues. 

Found out that the "chipped" ECU doesn't have a chip in it. So the 32v motor appears to be running on a stock 94 crown Vic ECU. It came with an ECU from a MarkVIII that does have something inside. Not sure that this weird chip sticking up is stock. I ordered some wiring manuals for a 94 crown Vic and a 93 MarkVIII. I will repin anything that needs it and throw in the MarkVIII ECU and hope that does it. I'm ready for something close to healthy with this engine. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
11/11/22 3:29 p.m.

In reply to singleslammer :

Maybe post that up on eectuning.org and see if anyone recognizes what it is?

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
11/11/22 7:23 p.m.

I went over there and dug around. It is really dead. I also have to remember how to host a picture and then embed into a post. Seems likely I have the flu at the moment so that sounds like too much work at the moment. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Q5BtwsCMK500GuXL8w3X34Ij2gYrAOuWzCagHMjajtmfsfFZTNZGRZ8SHZC974mk