1 2 3 4
singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
2/15/23 11:12 a.m.

So I came to a realization. I am an idiot. I put the Mark VIII ecu into the blue crown vic and while it ran better, it still wasn't right. This is definitely because the ECU isn't seeing an automatic and it is putting the car into limp mode! Sadly, I don't think that there is an easy (and free) way to correct this. I have reached out to the owner of Mark8.site to get a basic chip to slap in there for testing. If the 4v is healthy, then I am back around to maybe using it over the 2v. Hopefully he can get me a chip pretty quick so I can get some testing in before the point where I am ready to pull apart the blue car. 

Picture to keep Nocones happy:

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/15/23 12:01 p.m.

In reply to singleslammer :

Yay!  pictures plus words are best.  

Such options as long as the pink shifter bracket stays there are no bad decisions 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
2/15/23 12:02 p.m.

In reply to nocones :

The shifter will always remain and be visible.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
2/16/23 2:27 p.m.

I think that I am ready to lift the body off. Hold for photos later today. I fully expect to find some load bearing wires but I think that I am good to at least try. 

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/16/23 2:35 p.m.

Load bearing wires are the worst.   My experience is they are always Reverse lights and Ground straps. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/16/23 3:18 p.m.
nocones said:

Load bearing wires are the worst.   My experience is they are always Reverse lights and Ground straps. 

Ground straps bear much more load than reverse lights.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
2/16/23 4:22 p.m.

well now what do I do??

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
2/16/23 5:38 p.m.

I rearranged the shop and rolled the chassis forward out of the way. I then put the body on the ground until I can go grab some car dollies to roll it outside. At that point I want to gut the interior to swap into the 94 and see if anyone wants a junky body. 

Having the body that high the air was making me nervous as the pads couldn't be centered and still miss the frame. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
2/17/23 4:30 p.m.

And it's on the ground with wheels to have the remainder stripped. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9HmuKV89SCOnDfnfOnppJswgTLVHOHEyDNLPC0eL3gYJDmu8nFbsZAxwexURiHkg