MuSTANK
MuSTANK Reader
8/26/23 12:53 p.m.

I have a 1965 Mustang six cylinder three speed coupe. Runs well, new clutch, exhaust, and gas tank. Body very good, has seats and door panels, needs carpets and headliner. Titled and registered and insured.

LOVE to trade it for a Karmann Ghia !

Anyone here in New England want to trade projects? 

Come-on, let's piss of each other's wives, and fill each other's garages with yet ANOTHER project !

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
8/26/23 1:08 p.m.

Was this the car getting a Ford 3.7 V6?  Or am I thinking of someone else?

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
8/26/23 2:05 p.m.

Nope.  That's wicked93 doing the conversion

MuSTANK
MuSTANK Reader
8/26/23 2:13 p.m.

No, this car was going to get a 5.0/AOD set-up but I've lost interest, pulled the engine and trans out of my '85 GT but never molested the '65. Looking to trade it mostly 'cause a friend has a Vega Kammback that we've converted to a 327/Saginaw set-up and now I'm a pretty big fan of the breed and especially the Notchback; pretty much know the cars inside and out.

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/28/23 12:41 p.m.

No Karmann Gia here, best I can offer is civic truck. laugh

Docwemple
Docwemple HalfDork
8/28/23 6:12 p.m.

I should put my 65 289 project up for sale/trade.  Just another project that hasn't gone anywhere in a while 

MuSTANK
MuSTANK Reader
8/28/23 6:21 p.m.

Thinking that, with no bites at all for a trade, I might just try putting the Mustang up for sale. It's in decent condition, needs work here and there but a good runner driver over-all.

I'll put together a for sale ad later in the week and try my hand at that. If it sells, I'll go looking for a Ghia for SALE rather than for TRADE.

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/28/23 10:17 p.m.

All the stuff I have worth anything I don't want to get rid of...

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/29/23 6:25 a.m.

Also pictures always help with the enticement factor...

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
8/30/23 6:32 p.m.

Any interest in trading for a 96 Buick Roadmaster wagon? Doesn't run (needs a starter) but is in good shape otherwise. Im just outside of Danbury, CT.

MuSTANK
MuSTANK Reader
8/31/23 9:53 a.m.

Damn ! Kind of too late: For a good long time I was looking for a decent late model wagon like yours as my daily, couldn't find anything anywhere in New England, wish that I'd waited for yours. Ended up buying a Sebring convertible. Pretty much a Florida rental are for the most part but it has a five speed which makes it a lot more fun.

I guess that I'm gonna write up an honest for sale ad for the Mustang, I took the interior out of it to check on the floors, pulled the front bumper and grill to repair the front valance, replaced the passenger's side door and glass, and did all of the welding needed to make it right; make it into the car that I THOUGHT that I was buying initially. This is a photo of it when I first got it, looks good but a lot of fussing needed around the edges to make it into what the photo represents. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/31/23 12:29 p.m.
MuSTANK said:

No, this car was going to get a 5.0/AOD set-up but I've lost interest, pulled the engine and trans out of my '85 GT but never molested the '65. Looking to trade it mostly 'cause a friend has a Vega Kammback that we've converted to a 327/Saginaw set-up and now I'm a pretty big fan of the breed and especially the Notchback; pretty much know the cars inside and out.

can we get an update on that Vega?  i love that build.  it looked like it could have been built by Chevrolet.

MuSTANK
MuSTANK Reader
8/31/23 2:11 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Hey, pretty much got the VEGA all set for the final paint. The jams are done, as is all of the interior metal. We've had some pretty crappy weather, wet, humid, hot, so the color coat on the body is gonna have to wait just a bit. Got a TON of new photos of the build to post, ended up having to go back in and re-do some of the work that we thought was already finished, probably start posting the new photos sometime next week or so. Been a LONG while now . . .

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/31/23 4:49 p.m.

I only have a bunch of vw stuff and a sand rail to offer, which would be awesome if you wanted to type 4 2.0 swap an engineless ghia

MuSTANK
MuSTANK Reader
9/1/23 8:56 a.m.

What would you sell the sand rail for? I need a "chassis" to put under my Fiat 600. 

I stuffed a 4.1 Buick V6 into the back of my '74 Ghia coupe, then converted the body work to that of a '69 cabrio. Totally burnt to the ground in a shop fire . . . 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/1/23 9:36 a.m.

If a grm member wants it it's $800 with the 2.0 in it. There's $800 in new parts on it but I want the space back

MuSTANK
MuSTANK Reader
9/2/23 11:11 a.m.

GREAT price ! Damn, you're too far away to come and grab it up. I'm in South Coastal Massachusetts not far from Plymouth Rock.

Thanks—

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
9/2/23 1:10 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Is the sand rail running?

Send me info. Time for me to buy a beach cruiser. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mOh1zs71j6IHO18yQXEI3rcPVWAHSMV4VlIluldpF0StMIn0ZTCXeWvxcQhY2ZhW