1 2
Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
12/9/20 2:07 p.m.
feature_image

Is 100,000,000 of something good? Depends on the context: $100 million in annual sales? Good. 100,000,000 cockroaches in your house? Not so much.

Thankfully, the former of those two was achieved by the crew at FCP Euro, who pride themselves on their “rise from mom-and-pop shop to industry leader” with its most recent sale success.

Specifically, FCP Euro CEO …

Read the rest of the story

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
12/9/20 2:13 p.m.

Wow.  Maybe I need to find another 'little guy' to buy from.   A significant portion of that 100 million has been mine.  cheeky

They do a good job.

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) Dork
12/9/20 2:17 p.m.

There have been a load of crappy euro parts suppliers, so good for these guys being able to not only survive, but thrive!

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/9/20 2:21 p.m.

They've done well for me, reliable and fairly fast shipping.  Good for them

Opti
Opti Dork
12/9/20 2:24 p.m.

Bought my first Euro car last week, within a couple days I had an order at FCP Euro. I love the way they have kits with all the necessary hardware and gaskets.

Driven5
Driven5 UltraDork
12/9/20 2:28 p.m.

Order arriving today.

Matt B (fs)
Matt B (fs) UltraDork
12/9/20 2:51 p.m.

Good. They deserve it and are our go-to for the Lemons E36. I keep coming back for the oem-but-not-bmw-labeled parts, plus the mix of non-BS mod stuff.

FCP you listening?  Pretty sure this place has a good ROI on advertising. wink

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
12/9/20 5:01 p.m.

That's an impressive growth rate for a company that size.  I've ordered lots of parts from them and was always impressed with the service.  Anything I order from them I can assume is OEM or OEM+.  I can also affirm that someone on this forum recommended them.

Slippery (Forum Supporter)
Slippery (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/9/20 6:31 p.m.

Impressive 5 year projection @ $500MM!

Never had a problem with them and always great service. 

Just came in. 

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 SuperDork
12/9/20 7:30 p.m.

Same here- I had no idea they were this big. But I love their kits- and as mentioned above, I love that they find the OEM manufacturer of the part and get the non-BMW branded part built by the OEM manufacturer. Case in point (if I recall correctly) was Boge shocks for my E36 M3. But I ordered a TON of parts from them, and never had a complaint.

Good on ya, fellas.

bludroptop
bludroptop UltraDork
12/9/20 8:04 p.m.

Customer since the brick/mortar days on Long Hill Rd.  Foreign Car Parts of Groton  

Bravo FCP!

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
12/9/20 8:37 p.m.

Guess I'll have to dip my toes in the water and put in an order. I have an older Mercedes so I need to find a good supplier to send all my money to.

Jimmy_Paycheck
Jimmy_Paycheck
12/10/20 9:49 a.m.

I've been restoring a Volvo this fall and they have good prices on good quality parts. I get my orders in 2-3 days, and in a dozen orders, there hasn't been a problem.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/10/20 10:42 a.m.

At what point does the GRM community get a loading dock or something named in our honor? laugh

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/10/20 10:51 a.m.
Hoondavan said:

That's an impressive growth rate for a company that size.  I've ordered lots of parts from them and was always impressed with the service.  Anything I order from them I can assume is OEM or OEM+.  I can also affirm that someone on this forum recommended them.

The whole industry had a really good year. Just like home improvement stores, automobile improvement stores did well during the various lockdowns.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/10/20 10:55 a.m.

I like that I can get a warranty replacement on used oil.

350z247
350z247 New Reader
12/10/20 2:25 p.m.

I can't see why you wouldn't order from them if you planned on keeping the car for a period of time. Free replacements for life is just too good of a deal to pass up. An oil change for my wife's X5M ends up costing me $20. I couldn't beat that price with parts store conventional oil let alone using Liqui Moly and Redline like I do.

bludroptop
bludroptop UltraDork
12/10/20 3:08 p.m.

I have no qualms about a returning defective or unsatisfactory purchase, but I would never return a worn-out or used-up part for a warranty claim.

I have no doubt that FCP would cheerfully replace it, but I don't roll that way.

To be clear I'm not calling out anyone here, but just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

350z247
350z247 New Reader
12/10/20 3:21 p.m.

In reply to bludroptop :

That is literally their entire business model. They procure and retain customers based on that extensive warranty. It's not some scam; they literally advertise it.

bludroptop
bludroptop UltraDork
12/10/20 3:32 p.m.

I didn't say it was a scam.  I said I wouldn't do it.  Ethical standards, like so many things, are not binary.

I thought their business model was to sell quality parts at a fair price and treat their customers with respect and courtesy.  Silly me.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
12/10/20 3:33 p.m.

When did they become a quality supplier? 

When I got my first E30 in I think 2007..............they were known for selling off-brand stuff with a poor reputation for longevity and quality. 

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/10/20 3:42 p.m.
bludroptop said:

I didn't say it was a scam.  I said I wouldn't do it.  Ethical standards, like so many things, are not binary.

I thought their business model was to sell quality parts at a fair price and treat their customers with respect and courtesy.  Silly me.

They literally tell you to do it...  I don't see what's unethical about it?

350z247
350z247 New Reader
12/10/20 4:02 p.m.

In reply to bludroptop :

Get off your high horse and rejoin reality. Lifetime replacement was their idea. They even advertise it as acceptable on track cars. There isn't a single part of it that's unethical. Most parts they sell won't go bad before someone sells the car, and that's how they make money.

bludroptop
bludroptop UltraDork
12/10/20 4:47 p.m.

My high horse?  GTFO!

Here are the assertions I have made in this thread:

1. I have done business with this company for over 30 years

2. I believe that they sell good parts at a fair price

3. I would not personally return a consumable item because I used it up, and expect them to replace it

4. My standards may not equal yours, and that is not a matter of right vs. wrong

If you are butt-hurt about any of that - and apparently some of you are - sorry not sorry. 

I will stop now out of respect for the fact that this thread was initiated to recognize their sales milestone, not to squabble. 

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/11/20 7:07 a.m.

When they went to the lifetime replacement warranty I was already buying about 50% of the items for my e28 through them. It seemed concurrently most of the other supply houses were selling out at the time to one big conglomerate whose soul(yep that was intentional) purpose was to maximize profits and burn the business down. Nearly 90% of my business went to FCP after that.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eyDbejIJI1dovxX7JKYji3UnI5tOWTmJ1q2Jxr1cSAWqeQ9g4ji1mkXM0WW4muQW