1 2
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/13/24 4:49 p.m.

Well, folks, my 3rd episode is up.  It's much better production standards, resolution, and I hope sound.

https://youtu.be/uGwU8GGNXCA

I'm down to about 1hr10min editing time for each minute of content.  I also need more B roll for voiceovers, especially as my in-car isn't up to scratch, either content or recording quality.  I've certainly learned a lot.  

As usual, please like, subscribe, share, and provide feedback!

Thanks all.

Adrian

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/13/24 6:15 p.m.

Video quality looks good, watching it at 1080p it looks like there might be a little room to improve quality some more with lower compression but not much. Later I'll have to fire up the gaming PC to see how it looks at 4K.

One note on editing, when cutting together two clips of yourself talking, blank or quickly fade the audio on the clip you're cutting away from starting just before the video transition so that you don't get bits of speech you didn't want coming through as the transition happens.

Also a unidirectional muffled mic will help with recording speech outside in noisy environments, your new lapel mic might match these specs.

10/13/24 7:19 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Some excellent points.  Thanks.  Some of them I have already done.  Brain fried from too many hours in front of the computer.  I'll explain and ask advice tomorrow.  I really appreciate the input.  

theruleslawyer
theruleslawyer Reader
10/13/24 9:33 p.m.

much improved. The sound is like... some heavy duty sound reduction maybe? I generally like to apply all the filtering in post if possible. Things like NR or smoothing in camera rarely is as good as you can accomplish in post.

10/14/24 8:55 a.m.

So the issue that Gameboy mentioned about some of the voice transitions.  The ones you are hearing I've already edited.  The issue is my enunciation and speed of talking in some cases.  You can edit clips down to .01 second intervals on iMovie.  The issue is that some of the extra words you are hearing are within that 0.01 seconds of the word I need to keep.  So if I cut it back that 0.1 seconds, you lose the end of the word I want to keep.  I taper the audio down, then up on the next clip, but I didn't leave enough space between words to eliminate it without cutting off the end of the word I wanted to keep.  So, the issue you mentioned is real, but I've already edited as well as I am able in iMovie.  That's not to say a pro or a different program wouldn't be better, but I'm not there yet.

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/14/24 10:55 p.m.

Subscribed.

In the Mini episode, your body sways alot as you talk and your hands move too fast. Hold yourself still by leaning on something and keep you arm/hand motions smooth and slow.

Check out the Pontiac Transportation Museum, the good stuff is in the back, but its dark for filming. I'd be happy to give some commentary.

10/15/24 3:31 p.m.

Well I haven't got another episode ready to go.  I was hoping to film another vehicle, but I'm currently flat on my back with ice packs.  I want to try and get a couple of review videos out before I cover things like my garage refurb and project cars.  Hopefully in  two weeks I'll get to the kart track for the last weekend of the year with my grandson and get some content there too.

In reply to Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) :

Cheers Jeff.  Me moving a lot, is me!  I find it easier to talk to camera that way.  Not sure if I need to tame it or not.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dBL8gYtbhMN3CfPD0zzrNuC8Q1XmDKg8XnZPkac2ydAnNXJu2OCrsl2oeQBvdNLP