1 2 3 ... 9
Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/13/21 4:42 p.m.

My Aunt Mary was my favorite aunt.  She beat cancer three times, sometimes it felt like the only things that would be left after the bombs fell would be taxes, cockroaches, and her. 
We'd go to the flea market and we'd look for deals; she always called it the money market, because she would always find some money there.  Once she stomped her foot down and asked me to tie her shoe, when I crouched down to do so she moved it to show a $20 that she had caught before anyone else saw it. 
She fostered my love for reading as much as my mom and dad did, there was always a couple dollars to be spent at the used book store for me.

I'm happy to have the truck to remember her, but all the same I'd rather have my Aunt Mary.

Friend of my uncle's drove this from Cali to Alabama about 5-6 years ago and signed the title over to him, been sitting since.  Uncle died this past year, Aunt has no need for it, I said I'd try and find a good price for it for her.

Late model engine and trans, not sure the specifics on those.  Air lockers for the diffs I believe, and who knows what else.

So, feast your eyes.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
2/13/21 4:57 p.m.

Holy E36 M3 that is cool, I am in love. Obviously a little rough/rusty but I don't think the GMC front end on that is very common? I haven't seen very many. 4WD is great as well. I wish it was closer/ I had the space for this. I've been looking at these and the 3 door models for a while, and my wife is maybe 1/2 on board :)

Value? Maybe $3500-4000? Depending on extent of rust, how long it's been since it's ran, and condition of electrical?

Does she like Miata?

maj75 (Forum Supporter)
maj75 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
2/13/21 5:01 p.m.

Too bad It didn't stay in Cali.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
2/13/21 6:43 p.m.
maj75 (Forum Supporter) said:

Too bad It didn't stay in Cali.

It did not get that rust just sitting in AL for several years...

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
2/13/21 6:48 p.m.

I’m an old cheapskate, so I’m no help at all in helping with a valuesmiley

Very cool truck... I’ve been around a few, and would love to have that, but no money to even consider, and for the wife and furry kids, don’t need the expense of the 4WD. 

The gmc is not much more rare than the chevy, but the 4WD sure is!

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/13/21 6:50 p.m.

It is really cool. The aftermarket stuff is unfortunate, because while it is cool itself and probably good stuff, it won't increase the value of the truck at all, it might even hurt it.

I don't know enough to give a value

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
2/13/21 6:53 p.m.

Dave from Hot Rod sold a '73 Blazer K5 for $5,500?  Four speed manual and had some dents/rust.  

Me thinks this should easily get $5,000 if somebody spent a day cleaning it up and making it look all nice.  

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
2/13/21 7:30 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

As a collectible car, it’s not worth enough to care about OEM... you’re right in that the parts probably don’t add to value, but it don’t hurt on that ol’ thing. 

Rear AC? Twin-stick transfer case. ARB air compressor under the hood. 

That thing is awesome!

I'm betting that was someone beach/surf rig. That's probably the cause of the rust under the doors and not much elsewhere. I bet the floorboards are in pretty bad shape too. 

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
2/13/21 8:28 p.m.

LMC has steel body parts for the pickups, I'd bet they are the same or similar for the front half of Carryalls.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/13/21 8:29 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 (Moderately Supportive Dude) :

I'd love to crawl underneath and see how it is below, but I'm not rolling around in Alabama mud and clay

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
2/14/21 1:53 p.m.

Well based on what I am seeing old trucks selling for these days I would say it's worth one meeellion dollars.  

You guys are acting like Bob Costass.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/14/21 4:43 p.m.

I am extremely Interested. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/14/21 4:55 p.m.

When you figure out what it's worth let us know. That thing is sweet. 

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
2/14/21 5:08 p.m.

What is a good finished one worth?

Roll the math backwards  to bring this to the same state as the finished one, and I am pretty sure this is worth negative $$$. But the world does not work that way or this forum would not exist. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In my world that is a $2500 hole to pour more money into than the final product  is worth.

STM317
STM317 UberDork
2/14/21 5:57 p.m.

Hagerty says around $5k for "fair" condition.

But that estimate includes trucks, panel vans, etc, for those years and I'd think a 4wd Carryall would be worth more than a 2wd truck.

Assuming it's a non-runner, I'd think 4- 5k. With a little cleaning, good photos and some tlc to get it running I could see 7-10k. With fresh rockers and good floors I'd list at 10-12k (which fits with the Hagerty pricing for 'good' condition.)

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
2/14/21 6:06 p.m.

The updates (seats, a/c, tilt wheel, gauges) all look well done, which is a plus - many old trucks that have been 'updated' are actually pretty awful.

Tk8398
Tk8398 Reader
2/14/21 6:31 p.m.

Do people honestly fix stuff like that?  It would be cool once it was done, but I feel like it's too far gone to even make an attempt from the pictures.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
2/14/21 6:33 p.m.

You bunch of pansies.  That thing is rust free, other than some tiny little patches...  Where do you live???

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
2/14/21 6:48 p.m.
Tk8398 said:

Do people honestly fix stuff like that?  It would be cool once it was done, but I feel like it's too far gone to even make an attempt from the pictures.

I'm guessing you live in the southwest US where cars don't rust at all...other than the rockers it looks pretty good to me, and they shouldn't be hard to fix either.

In reply to Tk8398 :

It's only too far gone when the front of the hood is missing and the bottom 6" of the entire body is missing. 

Mr_Asa
2/14/21 7:43 p.m.
Tk8398 said:

You should see my Mustang.  I kind of dread sandblasting her, but I'm gonna fix her.

Mr_Asa
2/14/21 7:45 p.m.
STM317 said:

Hagerty says around $5k for "fair" condition.

But that estimate includes trucks, panel vans, etc, for those years and I'd think a 4wd Carryall would be worth more than a 2wd truck.

Assuming it's a non-runner, I'd think 4- 5k. With a little cleaning, good photos and some tlc to get it running I could see 7-10k. With fresh rockers and good floors I'd list at 10-12k (which fits with the Hagerty pricing for 'good' condition.)

I think with some effort I could get it running.  If my Aunt can find the title and keys I told her I will come up and spend a couple days getting it running and give her a bath.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
2/14/21 8:06 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

In reply to Toyman01 (Moderately Supportive Dude) :

I'd love to crawl underneath and see how it is below, but I'm not rolling around in Alabama mud and clay

My wife's cousin lives in northern 'bama. I might have other reasons to not get under.  

Mr_Asa
2/14/21 8:25 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Too cold for them now, but we have those in Florida as well

1 2 3 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HuBAimX8zzPlWmSLBeBZznJOQNu4Uj5pRIP0o37Orva6rcRRlJzN1ltRUaPWv6S0