1 2
Jerry
Jerry UberDork
3/28/19 6:19 p.m.

I don't think I ever posted anything here, so here it is:

April 27 - OVR event at Ross County Fairgrounds  --POSTPONED FOR RAIN--
May 19 - WOR event at Ross County Fairgrounds (the day after the Southern Ohio Forest Rally)
June 15/16 - GLD/OVR National Tour event at Ross County Fairgrounds (2 days)
July 20 - WOR event at Bitzer's Farm
Aug 24 - WOR event at Bitzer's Farm
Sep 20/21/22 - Rallycross National Championship (Iowa)
Oct 12 - OVR event at Bitzer's Farm    CANCELED
Oct 26 - OVR event at Bitzer's Farm

Bitzer's Farm - 1697 Upper Twin Rd Greenfield, OH 45123
Ross County Fairgrounds - 344 Fairgrounds Rd, Chillicothe, OH 45601
RX Nationals - 15335 Jewell Street, Indianola, IA, 50125

(All events subject to weather conditions & hopefully better than 2018)

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/30/19 9:58 p.m.

The official 2019 cancellation schedule is posted!

(can't personally complain much about 2018.  Suffered terminal failure exactly after getting enough events to qualify for trophies yet before the Rains came, so it's not like I would have hit those events anyway)

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/4/19 7:30 a.m.
wae
wae SuperDork
4/4/19 7:41 a.m.

I guess I really need to get around to either fixing that voltage regulator or charging up a couple extra batteries...

Knurled.
4/4/19 11:21 a.m.
EvanB said:

Registration is now open for the first event:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/ohio-valley-rallycross-pe-1-ross-county-fairgrounds-scca-198984

I got Paktinat's Golf as the cover image.

EvanB
4/4/19 12:18 p.m.
Knurled. said:
EvanB said:

Registration is now open for the first event:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/ohio-valley-rallycross-pe-1-ross-county-fairgrounds-scca-198984

I got Paktinat's Golf as the cover image.

I was going to put ZB's GTI on 2.5 wheels but I figured that might not be the best way to advertise it. 

EvanB
4/4/19 6:24 p.m.

In reply to EvanB :

Knurled.
4/14/19 5:22 p.m.

17 entries so far!  Including two from Michigan... that never happens.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
4/14/19 5:29 p.m.

I’ve got to wait until closer to the event - find out if I still have the backup car, and if it’ll be dry enough for it to run.  I’m not making corner workers push me out of mud pits.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
4/26/19 3:22 p.m.

And we have our first postponement of the season.  April 27th is off (for now) due to Mom Nature hating our cars again.

Knurled.
5/7/19 7:41 p.m.

Since nobody has yet to post it , WOR's first cancellation of the year is open for registration.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/wor-ovr-day-after-sofr-rallycross-pe2-ross-county-ohio-fairgrounds-scca-western-442705

Note that this is a Sunday event since we're going to be running the day after Southern Ohio Forest Rally and they use the fairgrounds for the superspecial.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
5/8/19 10:35 a.m.

Haven't had a free weekend to figure out the noise in the WRX, wheel bearing or front diff, let alone take it somewhere to fix. I wonder if Miles would repay me for all the codrives I gave him in Subarust when he didn't have a car finished?

Knurled.
8/20/19 1:00 p.m.

Reminder-bump for August event at Bitzers.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
8/21/19 8:18 a.m.
Jerry said:

Haven't had a free weekend to figure out the noise in the WRX, wheel bearing or front diff, let alone take it somewhere to fix. I wonder if Miles would repay me for all the codrives I gave him in Subarust when he didn't have a car finished?

Finally had free time and got the (very) worn wheel bearing replaced, and now it's idling like crap and giving CELs.  We ordered a IACV from Rock Auto Monday, let's see if it's running by Friday.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
8/21/19 9:04 a.m.

Beetle’s not ready, but I’m codriving with wae as long as the event doesn’t get canceled for low number of entries.

wae
wae SuperDork
8/21/19 9:15 a.m.
eastsideTim said:

Beetle’s not ready, but I’m codriving with wae as long as the event doesn’t get canceled for low number of entries.

No refunds if the car breaks before you get all your runs, btw.  laugh

EvanB
8/21/19 9:17 a.m.
wae said:
eastsideTim said:

So the codriver takes their runs first right? To clear the grass off the course...

wae
wae SuperDork
8/21/19 9:36 a.m.
EvanB said:
wae said:
eastsideTim said:

So the codriver takes their runs first right? To clear the grass off the course...

I like the cut of your jib!

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
8/21/19 9:54 a.m.

Been too long since I've raced, so it's not like I'm gonna send it anyway.  Hope your part throttle mapping is good.

Knurled.
8/21/19 5:48 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

Been too long since I've raced, so it's not like I'm gonna send it anyway.  Hope your part throttle mapping is good.

Part throttle is mapped to 150% boost.

wae
wae SuperDork
8/21/19 7:52 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

My what now?

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UberDork
8/21/19 9:02 p.m.

Sadly I’m not going to make it down.

My house ended up taking a good chunk out of my racing budget.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb SuperDork
8/21/19 9:53 p.m.

Well i pulled the beretta out of its two year slumber and put air in the tires and checked the oil

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
8/22/19 7:18 a.m.

30 entries!  Looks like it’s on!

Knurled.
8/22/19 6:38 p.m.

I missed the last two rallycross dates due to weather and misfortune.  Looks like I may have to miss this one too.

PIEROGI FEST.  I am sure you all understand.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zSO0LMyx64LJ0HMCATNWUsHQGHYMLIG9233zK9t5F1r6O5Sv9ARGkYGRDCPlYQ8L