1 2
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/1/17 7:48 p.m.

EDIT: Now listed on eBay...

Should Those In Charge deem this to be inappropriate, just say the word and I'll make it disappear...

I just traded in a couple of Ruger Mk IIs and I have a bunch of stuff that I removed and no longer need. Very good used condition.

Most of this stuff is no longer available from Volquartsen for the Mk II.

-Volquartsen Accurizing Kit, (2.25 lb. trigger pull), includes a CNC machined Stainless Target Trigger that is adjustable for pre-travel and over-travel, trigger plunger and spring, mainspring, Target Sear and sear spring, and a Target Hammer. Includes installation instructions

-Two Volquartsen Extended Bolt Releases (one black and one stainless), plus one black standard bolt release

-Genuine Ruger Stainless Steel Bolt Assembly from Brownell's, with a Volquartsen Exact Edge Extractor installed

-One extra Volquartsen Exact Edge Extractor

-Volquartsen Volthane Target Grips, right handed thumbrest

-Three Genuine Ruger ten round magazines

All in all, there's about $250 worth of stuff here and the Accurizing Kit will absolutely transform your Ruger Mk II. It's easy to install without any special tools, and you can do it in about half an hour. If anybody is interested, make me a reasonable offer and I'll cover the shipping.

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
11/1/17 11:27 p.m.

Don't see anything out of the ordinary here Boss.......a shifter handle and some pedals er sumpin' ? 

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
11/1/17 11:28 p.m.

woody .....don't own one but would seriously love too (wink)

Woody
11/2/17 7:09 a.m.
759NRNG said:

Don't see anything out of the ordinary here Boss.......a shifter handle and some pedals er sumpin' ? 

^Excellent point. Most of this stuff would be right at home on a Challenge car. 

Apple Cougar Mellonseed
Apple Cougar Mellonseed MegaDork
11/2/17 8:06 a.m.

MKII, as in M77 mark II?

Woody
11/2/17 8:25 a.m.
Apple Cougar Mellonseed said:

MKII, as in M77 mark II?

Nope. This one:

84FSP
84FSP Dork
11/2/17 9:49 a.m.

This is a deal on hard to find Volquartsen goodies.  I have a fair number of these retrofitted on my Ruger MKI.  They are literally the best available goodies to turn a great pistol into an exceptional one.  With the goodies installed the MKI shot as well as my High Standard Tropy.

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing Dork
11/2/17 10:13 a.m.

With my MkII 5-1/4" Heavy Target Model (made in 1986) and 4x optics I can print 1/2 inch groups at 50 yards with Federal Gold Medal HV ammo. From a bag rest. On a calm day. After enough sleep. And the right breakfast. The factory trigger on that one breaks like glass a 3-1/4 pounds. Never could determine if that was normal for the Heavy Target Model from back then, or my particular pistol just benefited from favorably stacked tolerances.

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
11/2/17 10:19 a.m.
Woody said:

MKII, as in M77 mark II?

Nope. This one:

that is such a sweet shift knob 

Woody
11/2/17 11:09 a.m.
WildScotsRacing said:

With my MkII 5-1/4" Heavy Target Model (made in 1986) and 4x optics I can print 1/2 inch groups at 50 yards with Federal Gold Medal HV ammo. From a bag rest. On a calm day. After enough sleep. And the right breakfast. The factory trigger on that one breaks like glass a 3-1/4 pounds. Never could determine if that was normal for the Heavy Target Model from back then, or my particular pistol just benefited from favorably stacked tolerances.

Most of this stuff came off of my Mk512 Target with the 5 1/2" bull barrel. It was a tack driver.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
11/2/17 11:24 a.m.

My dad gave me an anniversary edition mark II for my birthday a couple months ago. Cool guns for sure. Some nice parts you got there. GLWS!

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
11/2/17 11:49 a.m.
Woody said:

MKII, as in M77 mark II?

Nope. This one:

I have one of those with the bull barrel and nickel plated, competition grade. It does shoot well.

crxmike
crxmike Reader
11/3/17 6:34 a.m.

I love my Ruger (it's either mk2 or mk3) and can't imagine it being even more accurate. 

Woody
11/3/17 7:34 a.m.

In reply to crxmike :

Mk II has the magazine release on the bottom. Mk III  has it on the left side and has a loaded chamber indicator. 

crxmike
crxmike Reader
11/3/17 8:18 a.m.

In reply to Woody :

Ahhh OK.. I have mk2 then. 

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
11/3/17 10:00 a.m.

I have a stainless Mk II with the 5 1/2" Bull barrel, and as you mentioned, the thing is a tack driver for sure!

Out of curiosity, why did you sell yours? I assume you found something that you like even more.

Woody
11/3/17 10:36 a.m.

In reply to SaltyDog :

Mk IV Hunter. 

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
11/3/17 11:04 a.m.

In reply to Woody :

Hopefully "Post-Recall"?

IIRC, ones manufactured before 6/1/17 were recalled for an issue with the safety.

Woody
11/3/17 12:44 p.m.

In reply to SaltyDog :

Yup. 

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
11/3/17 1:39 p.m.

Good to hear.

It would suck to have to your new toy back!

Haven't seen one in person yet, but from the videos, it sure looks to be a lot easier to field strip and reassemble.

I have to get on YouTube every time I clean my Mk II.

SaltyDog said:

Good to hear.

It would suck to have to your new toy back!

Haven't seen one in person yet, but from the videos, it sure looks to be a lot easier to field strip and reassemble.

I have to get on YouTube every time I clean my Mk II.

I felt that way the first few times with mine. But, once I figured out the right angle of the dangle after getting the bolt retainer pin in, the lever goes right in.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
11/3/17 3:02 p.m.

In reply to WildScotsRacingCampbellCougarSeed :

Exactly!

It's the only pistol I own that I have to do the Hokey Pokey while reassembling!

84FSP
84FSP Dork
11/3/17 5:35 p.m.

Lol yes a hilarious cleaning process.  Any time one of my buddies want to really shoot something affordable and accurate these are my go-to shortly followed by the buck mark.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
11/3/17 9:31 p.m.

Haven't had the opportunity to shoot a Buck Mark yet, but can't help but notice the resemblance.

Are they more user friendly when it comes to cleaning? Not that i'm ready to trade the Mk II, just curious.

Woody
11/3/17 10:15 p.m.

Cleaning and reassembling the Mk IV takes about as much time and effort as doing the same to a Glock.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4fbZCpuSniMLbW2iz9jjCvgqzAYfak8upRW0aDS6DyXVY62czAzMm25KBIeFqhgT