1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 ... 4726
oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
8/17/10 2:28 p.m.
914Driver wrote:
Appleseed wrote: Piaggio Avanti: possibly the most beautiful aircraft.
There's one of those that buzzes out of the Saratoga County Airport, interesting sound. I understand it's very quiet in the cabin because the engines are aft. Dan

The Piaggio is really nice, but this is starting to grow on me - big time:

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
8/17/10 3:41 p.m.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/17/10 3:46 p.m.
cwh wrote: We installed a camera system at the Clearwater airport a few years ago. The hanger had 5 of those, being used a corporate charter planes. Pretty on the outside, freakin gorgeous on the inside. Some people really know how to travel. Ferrari was part owner.

Clearwater, FL?

Random hotlink

hobiercr
8/17/10 3:50 p.m.

Should have hotlinked this...

My buddy keeps one at the Clearwater airpark. Very fun and fast plane but it sure doesn't like to fly slowly...

cwh
cwh SuperDork
8/17/10 3:57 p.m.

Sorry. To be accurate, it is the Clearwater St. Petersburg International Airport. More of a Coast Guard airpark than anything else.

hobiercr
8/17/10 4:05 p.m.
cwh wrote: Sorry. To be accurate, it is the Clearwater St. Petersburg International Airport. More of a Coast Guard airpark than anything else.

Good deal. I didn't think the apron at CLW was long enough for those. I used to have a bunch of CG friends who flew out of St Pete Int. before they all transfered to other stations. My office is at the South end of the St Pete Int runway so I get to here those Piaggo's all the time.

Requisite hotlink

cwh
cwh SuperDork
8/17/10 4:11 p.m.

HONDA??!!

barnca
barnca Reader
8/17/10 4:30 p.m.

cwh
cwh SuperDork
8/17/10 4:35 p.m.

I can't imagine why men want to do that for a living. Sure, big bucks, but ya gotta be alive to spend it.

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
8/17/10 5:15 p.m.

heinkel

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
8/17/10 5:21 p.m.
cwh wrote: HONDA??!!

Yup.

JoeyM
JoeyM Dork
8/17/10 5:58 p.m.

Reminds me of a more streamlined version of the beechcraft starship

one of many odd things designed by burt rutan

JoeyM
JoeyM Dork
8/17/10 8:40 p.m.

twin turbo enzo

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/17/10 8:46 p.m.

I don't know what the hell that is, but I know where the hell that is. I drove through there on my way to Yosemite.

JoeyM wrote:
NGTD
NGTD HalfDork
8/17/10 9:55 p.m.

The company I used to work for had one of these as their corporate plane. It was used for regularily scheduled flights and I was able to go in it probably 15-20 times. Cool aircraft!

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
8/17/10 10:40 p.m.

All single screw aircraft fly asymmetrically. Yet they appear symmetrical. This one looks goofy, but is aerodynamically equal.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
8/17/10 11:29 p.m.
Appleseed wrote:
cwh wrote: HONDA??!!
Yup.

I want to paint a lexus logo on the nose of one

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
8/17/10 11:43 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote:

"Save as.."

ROFL! I don't recognize the livery on the R10, tho. Is that from 2008 when Pigout pissed it away in the rain, or from this year, when the Pugs all blew up?

"Blowed up good, right?"
"Yeah, blowed up real good!"

friedgreencorrado
8/17/10 11:57 p.m.
JoeyM wrote: one of many odd things designed by burt rutan

Eh, Bert just finally had the modern building materials to do the deed. The one I bought from Vernon Estes in 1972 was only made of balsa and cardboard..

Ironically enough, my ex-NASA aunt told me that the in the original Space Shuttle concept, the "bottom stage" was supposed to be some sort of hypersonic airplane, launching the Orbiter off its back at the proper altitude/speed. Congress didn't want to hear about it, since the US had already beaten the USSR to the moon, and the funding was cut (three more Apollo flights were planned, right?) That's the only reason they went to the tank & solids (humans flying on solids? RIP Challenger. Also why I don't like the Ares concept).

racerfink
racerfink Reader
8/18/10 12:23 a.m.

It's the R15+ from this years 24

friedgreencorrado
8/18/10 12:47 a.m.
racerfink wrote: It's the R15+ from this years 24

Thank you! I was just using my ignorance to make a joke about Pigout's tactics & technology, tho. Those things (the 908s) are faster than my guys. It's only through skill and daring that Audi (VW!!) won 08 and 10 in the first place.

Herr Doktor sez, "Mein autoz ist schlower, but mein plan ist intackt!"

Serge sez, "Pourquoi est-elle cette pluie ici!!" I guess he was looking at the telemetry instead of the radar...

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
8/18/10 6:10 a.m.

Natalie Gulbis. I never really followed golf before ....

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
8/18/10 6:34 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
8/18/10 6:36 a.m.

OK, which one of you did this?

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
8/18/10 6:51 a.m.

1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 ... 4726

You'll need to log in to post.