1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 65
N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
12/24/12 6:33 a.m.
SVreX wrote: So you're saying, "Let's all bitch just to bitch?" That's stupid. The issue is we have a problem with gun violence, and a terrible tragedy happened recently that made us more aware of it, and we are not sure what to do about it, though we may not like what other people want to do about it. Read the article.

We do have a problem with gun violence, but its dropping. That's a step in the right direction. If he ran the kids over with an H3, would you call it an assault vehicle and make it illegal to transfer SUVs.

That's right, back to the bitching:

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
12/25/12 6:29 p.m.
SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
12/25/12 8:00 p.m.

In reply to N Sperlo:

I never said anything about gun control. I am opposed to it (as a general principle).

rotard
rotard Dork
12/25/12 10:35 p.m.

Police really aren't that much better with a gun than your average person. Look up their accuracy statistics and how often they hit bystanders.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
12/26/12 7:44 a.m.

In reply to SVreX:

I'm not arguing gun politics with you. I'm just saying this thread is a rant thread. Here to bitch. The hotlink had nothing to do with you specifically.

dinger
dinger Reader
12/26/12 8:52 a.m.
rotard wrote: Police really aren't that much better with a gun than your average person. Look up their accuracy statistics and how often they hit bystanders.

My Concealed Carry instructor told me there are two things police can't do: drive or shoot.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
12/26/12 12:53 p.m.
dinger wrote:
rotard wrote: Police really aren't that much better with a gun than your average person. Look up their accuracy statistics and how often they hit bystanders.
My Concealed Carry instructor told me there are two things police can't do: drive or shoot.

Funny, one of my forensics professors who was in ISP said the same thing....lol

I have several friends who are leo's, they don't like inviting me to competitions anymore. Perhaps I should let them know I don't have the glocks anymore. I bet I could still outshot them with my 1903/08 colt

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
12/26/12 3:43 p.m.

Bloomberg trying to explain why he thinks AR-15s are bad
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/12/foghorn/video-michael-bloomberg-believes-that-all-ar-15s-are-full-auto/

slefain
slefain SuperDork
12/26/12 4:05 p.m.

I just wanted to congratulate this thread on making is 20 pages. Things must be calming down around here.

Will
Will Dork
12/26/12 4:46 p.m.
JoeyM wrote: Bloomberg trying to explain why he thinks AR-15s are bad http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/12/foghorn/video-michael-bloomberg-believes-that-all-ar-15s-are-full-auto/

My brain hurts.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
12/26/12 5:19 p.m.
JoeyM wrote: Bloomberg trying to explain why he thinks AR-15s are bad http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/12/foghorn/video-michael-bloomberg-believes-that-all-ar-15s-are-full-auto/

Oh. Assault rifles make "motorboating" sounds.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
12/27/12 8:23 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
Oh. Assault rifles make "motorboating" sounds.

Be sure to watch the full interview, there are plenty of irritating ignorant statements in addition to the short clip. In particular, the reporter points out that Bloomberg has full time armed security, but rejects the idea of armed security in schools, saying "you can't live your life like that!"

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
12/27/12 8:28 a.m.

In reply to Strizzo:

Link?

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
12/27/12 8:31 a.m.

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/nyc-mayor-michael-bloomberg-nra-18041670

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
12/27/12 8:32 a.m.

Thnx

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
12/27/12 8:34 a.m.

I've thought Bloomberg was an idiot for a long time. Now he's not only confirmed that he's an idiot, but he's a hypocrite as well.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
12/27/12 11:34 a.m.

...and he's still using Kellerman's "statistics" as talking points

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
12/27/12 11:41 a.m.

When have facts ever been important when you have a political agenda?

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/27/12 12:17 p.m.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2012/07/23/six-facts-about-guns-violence-and-gun-control/

I found the statistics showing declining ownership interesting.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
12/27/12 12:58 p.m.

Feinstein has released a summary of her upcoming bill.

Will
Will Dork
12/27/12 4:23 p.m.
JoeyM wrote: Feinstein has released a summary of her upcoming bill.

From the proposed bill:

"Banning firearms with 'thumbhole stocks' and 'bullet buttons' to address attempts to 'work around' prior bans"

I love how when gunmakers designed weapons that complied fully with the law, it meant that they were attempting to "work around" a ban.

Would also ban "Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic," though it doesn't elaborate on what those so-called military features are. It does specifically mention that flash suppressors/bayonet mounts won't count, since those are easy to remove. Presumably a pistol grip, collapsible stock, etc.

Do not want that bill at all. Would make essentially all semi-auto pistols, rifles, etc. NFA items that would require registration and fingerprinting.

It looks as if the anti-gun lobby learned from the last ban.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
12/27/12 5:58 p.m.

In reply to Will:

It would be interesting to see what the original proposals were for the 94 ban, I have a hard time thinking that it started out as flaccid as what was eventually passed.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
12/27/12 8:12 p.m.

In reply to Will:

I just ordered a telescoping, folding stock for my Saiga. I don't like any of this. Obama has a record as president off working for gun rights, although it's rarely stated. I hope he keeps it up. He asked Biden to find a way to prevent gun violence. I have faith they will make the right choices. Police need better equipment, schools better security, and kids better psychologists.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
12/27/12 9:16 p.m.

In reply to N Sperlo:

It really seems like Feinstein is going for the end zone with this proposal knowing that there's no way that they can pass a law making pistol gripped and folding stocked guns an NFA item, but they'll happily trade that ridiculous provision for a no-sunset clause permanently banning mags larger than 10 rounds.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
12/28/12 6:49 a.m.

In reply to Strizzo:

Thats politics. Although I don't even see the >10 round magazine band fling through. Too much opposition.

1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 65

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sbmxvNzMK5ULZUyb5EVfFHCrXfT1mSgLi29lVoHyfpYdhUU0dBWSPajE34aKuQV8