1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 31
PHeller
PHeller PowerDork
7/8/15 12:54 p.m.

Any idea how I can maximize this last 70 days and shed some of the dead weight I'm carrying?

I did well early on but as soon as I stopped following the game daily I lost big.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
7/8/15 1:06 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: Fun things going on now.

Yeah, it's funny that the stock market only seems to have technical glitches on down days. It never seems to break when things are going swimmingly.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/8/15 9:30 p.m.

How do you guys feel about the robo-investing places like Wealthfront?

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
7/11/15 8:40 p.m.

Damn. Up 76%, dumped at market open to a 20% loss on the day, netting me back in the 40's.

I don't know wealth front. In general I think automated / HFT is just one more indication of a rigged game. That said, I'm not inclined to hate the playa...

mthomson22
mthomson22 UltraDork
7/15/15 1:12 p.m.

Damn. What happened Flight Service???

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/23/15 4:22 p.m.

Amazon (AMZN) posted their earnings after the close today and absolutely blew the doors off the consensus estimates for net profits and beat gross sales estimates pretty good too. As of a few minutes ago, they were up $84.83 at $567.01 (+17.59%) in after hours trading.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
7/24/15 2:12 a.m.

In reply to RX Reven': Thanks for the heads up, I've only had about 400k tied up in Amazon long term

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/3/15 8:19 p.m.

If I'd held onto one of the speculator chew-toys I had earlier it would've paid off massively today. It would've been a crazy ride though.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
8/4/15 6:04 a.m.

In reply to mthomson22:

I bought into a short too soon and the interest ate me.

Add that into less free time during the day and you have a drop without a focus on how to get back.

mthomson22
mthomson22 UltraDork
8/5/15 3:11 p.m.

Hmmm, I had the biggest gain today at %8.04. Still waaaay back in 24th place.

Went all in on FITBIT yesterday anticipating good news, and it worked.

GameboyRMH
8/5/15 3:14 p.m.

A second one of my predictions is turning out to be right - and I've still got this one! Aw yeah bring me da moniez!

mthomson22
mthomson22 UltraDork
8/5/15 3:17 p.m.

Hmmmm, I just noticed that the game leader has only made 7 total trades. I've made 364....must be something to that

mthomson22
mthomson22 UltraDork
8/5/15 3:37 p.m.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/fitbit-shares-fall-after-mixed-sales-outlook-2015-08-05?link=MW_home_latest_news

Well E36 M3

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UberDork
8/5/15 3:58 p.m.
mthomson22 wrote: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/fitbit-shares-fall-after-mixed-sales-outlook-2015-08-05?link=MW_home_latest_news Well E36 M3

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
8/6/15 7:54 a.m.

Yeah, Fitbit is a fad and the short sellers are waiting on it. They have no competitive advantage other than name ID and they have competition from higher up the market (Apple) and every knockoff manufacturer in Southeast Asia down the market. Right now they are worth more than GoPro, for no reason what-so-ever.

I thought they would drop initially and went in too soon. I was right, I just timed it wrong.

GameboyRMH
8/6/15 8:03 a.m.

For anyone outside of the niche of hardcore fitness freaks, wearable tech is a solution looking for a problem right now.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
8/6/15 11:20 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: For anyone outside of the niche of hardcore fitness freaks, wearable tech is a solution looking for a problem right now.

QFT.

I am happy to no longer wear a watch and have my phone in my pocket. I am thinking of getting one of those book case things so my wallet and phone are together too.

simplify, lighten and improve

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UberDork
8/6/15 12:26 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: For anyone outside of the niche of hardcore fitness freaks, wearable tech is a solution looking for a problem right now.

I might fall into the 'hardcore freak' category depending on who you compare me to. Oddly, MANY of my coworkers who do not fall into that category (or fitness at all) have them and love them. I think wearable tech is much more mainstream than you think.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
8/6/15 12:32 p.m.

Yeahhh... half of my unit has wristband Fitbits. They're all in shape. Or in A shape at least. That of a sphere. And have been for years.

They seem to use the Fitbit as a watch.

I'm the only one that's lost any weight so far this year, and i don't wear one.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UberDork
8/6/15 12:35 p.m.

Yeah, the other thing is, if you are 'hardcore', you realize that the fitbit measurements are essentially meaningless. Steps/day means nothing to someone doing some form of serious training.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
8/6/15 12:38 p.m.
ProDarwin wrote: Yeah, the other thing is, if you are 'hardcore', you realize that the fitbit measurements are essentially meaningless. Steps/day means nothing to someone doing some form of serious training.

Yep, and there's no way it can accurately calculate calories burned/deficite/whatever beyond a shot in the dark, which i can do on my own, thanks.

SWMBO has one that she likes and before she went back to school, was seeing results using it, but i think that was more because it was forcing her to examine what she was eating and doing as part of the tracking, nothing more. She realized she was eating junk and lots of it, and not doing much, so she did something about it. Weird how that works.

Myself, i realized a long time ago that it matters more WHAT you eat rather than how much you eat. The What You Do part is easy.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
8/6/15 12:42 p.m.
ProDarwin
ProDarwin UberDork
8/12/15 9:09 a.m.

I.E. on work machine won't let me put in the # of shares to buy/sell.

Chrome on a co-workers mac won't let me login to the site.

Grrr...

GameboyRMH
8/12/15 9:13 a.m.

I'm losing more money and yet I'm moving up the rankings...

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
8/19/15 8:50 a.m.

Yesterday, 10am - "Hmm - The biggest moves follow earnings reports. Let's see who is announcing earnings soon. Hmm - Target is announcing pre-market tomorrow. The wife likes Target. I like Target. Walmart is getting their ass kicked, but they don't really seem like competitors. Yeah, let's buy some Target."

Yesterday, 6pm - Listening to Marketwatch, turns out Target settled with Visa over the data breach, and the settlement has already been reflected in previous earnings reports. Hmm - that sounds good for me.

Today at open, Target jumps ~5% and I sell. So that was a pretty easy $100k.

1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 31

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TsFPTgJjoih121yvtfISJGcCaULCzH87ZqFWfIVmMh2qlr3PLyuMEEjDRkYT0pE6