1 ... 271 272 273 274 275 ... 305
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/13/23 7:12 a.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

third interview later today for a job i kinda really want.  i need to get this layoff E36 M3 behind me ASAP.

Any news?

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
10/13/23 8:59 a.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

third interview later today for a job i kinda really want.  i need to get this layoff E36 M3 behind me ASAP.

Any news?

It's not like we're invested in the outcome or anything, but... what Doc said.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
10/13/23 11:33 a.m.

I have a big battery I use for my CPAP when I'm camping, which is not often, but is this weekend. Charger for that battery but it's only, for some reason, available with an accessory outlet. Outlet. I don't have that kind of time, but I do have science and equipment at work.

wae
wae PowerDork
10/13/23 11:55 a.m.

In reply to tuna55 :

"Jackery" is so very appropriate in that picture!

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/13/23 2:01 p.m.
Recon1342 said:
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

Any news?

It's not like we're invested in the outcome or anything, but... what Doc said.

i thought i killed the interview.  HR said they'd let me know something middle of this week.  i emailed wednesday 10/11 to express my continued interest and belief that i can hit the ground running to immediately add value, and see where I stand in the selection process.  yes, buzzwordy.  no response.  i'll email again in a few minutes, then i'll forget about it for the weekend.

thank you for the interest / concern.  i feel the love.

edit: I emailed HR around 2PM today (Fri 10/13), and around 4:30 got a reply that:

1. Apologized for dragging out the process

2. Said that I am still very much in the running, and

3. Said that they will push the hiring manager for a meeting next week to move the process forward.

so that's a pretty good way to start the weekend.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/14/23 8:09 p.m.

I just won the berkin' medical insurance lottery.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
10/14/23 8:26 p.m.

This is the collection of bolts used to retain the right exhaust manifold on a 04 Ram hemi.  Three bolt heads were broken off.  The remains of one bolt was just gone, one was sitting in the heat shield, and the third screwed out with my fingers.

No welding, at all.  Never experienced such a thing.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/14/23 8:34 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

That's like the time I removed a Forester rear wheel bearing by tapping it with a hammer, and then sliding the backing plate off of it.  Nobody believes it.

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
10/14/23 8:55 p.m.

It's the wins like this that keep me from throwing tools when it goes the other way.

10/14/23 9:10 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

That's like the time I removed a Forester rear wheel bearing by tapping it with a hammer, and then sliding the backing plate off of it.  Nobody believes it.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/15/23 3:34 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

He tells you about repairs you've already done, just so you can say, "I really identify with you SO much."

HahaHAHaHaAhAHA!!!

10/15/23 10:04 a.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

He tells you about repairs you've already done, just so you can say, "I really identify with you SO much."

HahaHAHaHaAhAHA!!!

Nailed it!

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
10/19/23 10:41 a.m.

Wife's birthday yesterday. We stayed overnight at the glitzy Hotel Del Coronado.

The bar menu had Tijuana Hotdog Sliders as one of their appetizers.

I observed that "Tijuana Hotdog Slider" sounds like an incredibly dirty sex act. The three bartenders that heard this had never made that association before...

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/20/23 9:01 a.m.

I got a new position at Mega Corp last month. I didn't ask for it but I wanted something new and I didn't have a choice. I was worried that the role would be awful but it has been awesome so far. They have me doing analysis on a process that I have really good knowledge of, really good. I have been able to just do analysis and provide feedback on what I see to executives. It has been awesome. I have also been able to create some spreadsheets to support this analysis that are intricate and detailed and now automatic so I can do many iterations very quickly. It is really fun to be good at what you are tasked at doing.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/20/23 9:21 a.m.

Finally got the Konigs painted,  Firehawks on the wheels, and wheels on the FR-S. (Only took all damn summer!)

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/20/23 9:25 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Nice!  That looks sharp.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/20/23 9:56 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

And, yes, it looks like it's in hover mode. It's still on jackstands.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
10/20/23 3:22 p.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

Any food referred to as a slider just sounds disgusting to me.

I don't want to think of my food sliding anywhere

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/20/23 8:39 p.m.

All 3 seasons of Father Ted are on Amazon Freevee.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/21/23 12:29 a.m.

It's my 5th anniversary today

Edit: I got married 5 years ago to explain since it was ambiguous 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/21/23 12:31 a.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Congratulations on your ambiguous anniversary. laugh

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/21/23 12:33 a.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to Antihero :

Congratulations on your ambiguous anniversary. laugh

Lol, fair I'll edit it

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
10/22/23 8:44 a.m.

I have man hands. Sanding and wrenching and washing dishes and working with my hands at work makes them dry cracked and flaking. It's awful. 

I tried every man oriented moisturizing lotion sold. Specialty pharmacies and mail order too. 

The answer is 400 grit sandpaper. Silky smooth. 

wae
wae PowerDork
10/22/23 8:52 a.m.

My computer and monitors survived the flood!

And I'm getting a bit of a nicer office space out of it with better lighting and enough space that I don't have to worry about getting hit in the head with a heavy-ass trophy when I roll around in my chair.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/22/23 9:39 a.m.

Yesterday while working on my son's 900 Turbo at my Dad's house Patrick showed up to grad some GRM Express items in the Skyline.  My son Tyler was over the moon about seeing it and couldn't stop smiling the rest of the day after getting a ride in it.  This place is amazing and a big thanks to Patrick.

1 ... 271 272 273 274 275 ... 305

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ndNDdnK7I0EWHCjywsSv5f3EodJFuJFp74qXQ4vzB0MOTsuP0FShLBtqcGTJOdbw