1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 ... 303
KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
6/1/24 3:05 p.m.

Bought this albatross in 2020.  It lived at one buddies shop for 2 years, then moved to another buddies shop for another two years.  Now it's been in my garage for a year.

Today it moved (under it's own power) out of my garage and on to a new life with a man who is clearly deranged (this is his 23rd Fiero).   I have cash and a garage space back.

Must resist any and all project cars!

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
6/3/24 1:17 p.m.

Dropped $700 at Sam's Club for a 8'x7.5' plastic shed and spent the last few weeks building sub-assemblies in the garage, then a few hours yesterday putting it all together with my sons. Moved all our bikes and bicycle related stuff into it. No more bikes waiting menacingly to fall on one of my classic cars in the garage, no more hunting for bike helmets or bike parts.

I feel like I opened up a whole new space in my garage now. I have a work shop again. I'm not even sure what to make of the newfound work area.

Now to just suck it up and put my '75 Duster up for sale. Then I can have an entire shop space big enough to work on my other cars. Or maybe even store my utility trailer inside!

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
6/3/24 6:16 p.m.

Tried out a piri-piri chicken drumstick recipe tonight.  It was awesome.  The refurbished air fryer is proving to be the best $50 purchase I've made in a long time.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/3/24 7:39 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

I would be interested in that recipe. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/3/24 7:47 p.m.

After breakfast I went to the track and repaired bridge #2 for the upcoming hare scramble. Went home and made pizza and wings for dinner, relaxed a bit, and now I'm back at the track, with perfect weather, hammering out 30 minute practice motos to get ready for this weekend's race. Weather permitting I'll be back in the morning for a little woods riding, then again for some after dinner motos. 

This is what I was hoping retirement would be. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
6/3/24 10:16 p.m.
Peabody said:

I would be interested in that recipe. 

For the marinade, stir together:

• 1/2 teaspoon of ground thyme (more if use fresh herbs)
  • 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
  • teaspoon (or more to taste) of minced garlic
  • 1/3 cup piri-piri sauce
  • 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • Zest a lemon, then juice it, hold back 1 tablespoon of juice for the glaze
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper

Marinate 4 chicken drumsticks for at least 2 hours.  Then toss them in the air fryer basket at 400F for 20 minutes.  Turn them over halfway through.

For the glaze:

Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan on medium high, add a teaspoon of thyme leaves, and 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic, and keep the heat up for 1-2 minutes, until the garlic begins to get brown.  Turn heat down to medium-low, add the leftover lemon juice and a tablespoon of piri-piri sauce, and stir.  After two minutes, pour the glaze on the chicken after you've pulled it form the air fryer. 

Then, eat and enjoy.  We had it with some jasmine rice, but I'll probably try it with couscous next time. 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones UltraDork
6/3/24 10:28 p.m.

Why isn't there a recipe thread?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/3/24 11:08 p.m.

In reply to Steve_Jones :

There is now. laugh

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/4/24 9:06 a.m.
Appleseed said:

There is now. laugh

I'm pretty sure there is one already

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/4/24 9:10 a.m.
Peabody said:
Appleseed said:

There is now. laugh

I'm pretty sure there is one already

Several.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
6/4/24 1:39 p.m.

Bring a Trailer is going could be dangerous today. Found a 99% match to my Vintage 356 Replica up in northern California and it ends in 2 hours. I miss that car so much I sold we could get into our first condo in the early 2000's. 

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE UltraDork
6/4/24 9:24 p.m.

HUGE score yesterday off Facebok market- a 67,000 mile Caddy 472, running when pulled, along with it's transmission all for $250! And I also got to learn that you never work with such a dangerously heavy thing alone, even with a crane!

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE UltraDork
6/4/24 9:25 p.m.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
6/6/24 9:12 a.m.

Down about 6lbs in 2.5 weeks.  I had convinced myself losing weight was too hard because I'm "old" now.  Nope.  Turns out I just wasn't committed to eating better and counting calories.  11lbs to go to be back at goal weight of 175.  I've talked about my weight struggles here, but I'm pretty lucky to keep myself at a respectibel weight considering my family's DNA/history of being overweight.  I am from West Virginia after all.  

gixxeropa
gixxeropa GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/6/24 9:33 p.m.

After buying my tractor, I was able to reverse my 8.5x16 trailer down the sellers super long, curvy, narrow driveway with ditches on both sides without embarrassing myself too badly. The whole time I was driving down on the way in I was praying there was room to turn around, there was not. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/8/24 1:29 p.m.

Paid the monthly bills at the shop today.  20 cheques, probably 300 individual invoices, and only one entry correction required in Quickbooks, a credit entered as an invoice.

Better than average for me.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/8/24 6:49 p.m.

I know that historically, the French, Germans, and Polish haven't all always been the best of friends... but tonight I'm having a froggy beer, bratwurst, and pierogi for dinner. And it is awesome. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/8/24 6:54 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

Boy...that breath tho....

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/8/24 6:56 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Oh, forgot about the caemelized onion too. I'm only having 2 onions though so not much. 

The butter came from New Zealand - but that is a story for the minor rant thread, that butter has gone to E36 M3. 

EDIT: Where are the best Brats in the world from? You'd think Germany, maybe Austria, or possibly Pennsylvania or Wisconsin. You'd think wrong though. The best brats in the world are from Haubstadt, Indiana. 

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/8/24 7:11 p.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

Nice I am on that train myself. Down 18 in 5 weeks. 25 to go. 

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
6/10/24 1:18 p.m.

Today the yard got mowed without me being the one doing it. The torch has been passed to my 14yo son. Had to wait until he was big enough to not trip all the nanny safety system on the lawn tractor. Now to see how long it takes him to figure out how the goose the governor for more speed. It's a right of passage.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/10/24 1:56 p.m.

Got my downspout drain fixed and the related holes in the front yard fixed over the weekend.

Got my $36 Home Despot Adirondack chairs assembled. Only had to redrill one hole that didn't line up. Now I just have some light sanding and then paint before they can be enjoyed outside.

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/10/24 11:05 p.m.

Business travel is so much easier and more enjoyable when you are grown up. 
When I was younger I drank too much on the road so you always felt like balls and it wasn't very enriching. Having to take a quick trip to Wisconsin and instead of drinking or eating too much I bought a $21 ticket to go see the Brewers game, ate a bratwurst, a half a  bag of peanuts and 1 Miller. Back at the hotel before 10:00 and will be A1 for work tomorrow. 
Nice seat for $21!

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/11/24 11:43 a.m.

The power went out in the middle of the night last night. That's not a win, that was annoying (and stupid since there wasn't any reason for the power to have gone out). But, after having dealt with not having power for almost a week last year after a large storm and having to both replace all of the food in our fridge due to it not having power and having to get the floor in our basement replaced because of the sump pump not having power and seeing how useful out little lunchbox-sized 'solar generator' (that's a really stupid name, but that is what they call them... they're really just batteries with a built-in inverter) was during the outage I jumped at a deal to get a 2000Wh 'solar generator' for like 60% off a few months ago. Which meant that I was able to get up and plug the fridge and the UPS with The Dancer's computer & all the network gear into it to keep them running for the 5 hours or so that the power was out.

The picture below is of it running both the fridge & the UPS after it had been going for a few hours. Most of the time it actually showed it could run for closer to 16 hours when the compressor on the fridge wasn't actively running- and after it running things for about 3 1/2 hours it was down to just 81% when the power came back on and I was able to plug things back into the wall.

The sump pump would obviously put a much bigger drain on it (especially if it were having to run a lot like it would have needed to last spring when our basement flooded during the outage), but it should be able to handle running the sump overnight when I can't safely (or legally, given the noise) run the generator.

I now wish I'd picked up two of the things- one solely for the sump and another to run the fridge & other stuff (though admittedly what I really want is a battery backup setup that can switch over and run the whole house during an outage- but those run like 10x what this one cost me). Still- definitely a win and worth the money.

And now I also want to pick up a few solar panels to be able to recharge it without having to run the gas generator...

1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 ... 303

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fyxXVISAuT6LHKSA6Ft2HiZtNFVoFylTzuKB9HOASO2MjPE2AnLGi4FGX6rzd3th