SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
7/23/13 1:03 a.m.

My wheelbarrow is unfortunately buried in the back of my garage due to my move, so I decided fire up my Jeep, throw everything into it, and putz around the yard. My wife was so baffled that she took a couple pictures and posted it to Facebook.

Originally I was just going to put up my bird feeders, but then I started ripping up weeds. The previous owners of this house did not take care of the yard work. The entire fence line was overrun with 6' saplings. Luckily I had the Sawzall charged up and went to work. You could see some on the first pic, but it came out pretty nice. I wish I had before and after pics, because it was a complete transformation.

Same thing with the east side of the house. It was overrun with 6' saplings and 6' weeds. While I was pulling the weeds I found a few Hostas hiding in the flower bed. This one I wish had before and after, the weeds and saplings were higher than the railing on the porch, just to give you an idea. Oh, and you couldn't even see the sidewalk. The weeds were growing over half of it and the grass was growing over the other half.

Oh, yes, I got all my feeders up.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/23/13 5:41 a.m.

That's cool! Although its also sad how people have completely forgotten that Jeeps were built for utility.

Btw nice house!

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/23/13 7:55 a.m.

Isn't that all a pickup truck is? A loadbed with a place for a driver to sit?

I mean, before you do things like put in fancy crap to make you think it's a car.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/23/13 8:05 a.m.

Wraparound porches with curved steps are the shiznit!

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
7/23/13 8:09 a.m.

That was the only thing we ever really used my truck for: 3 yards of bulk mulch loaded into the bed - then drive the truck around the house and unload the mulch directly from the bed to where it was needed. We often wished it wasn't a 4x4 so the bed would have been lower...

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
7/23/13 11:10 a.m.

I wish I had a truck, but the Jeep works well. Hell I fit 3 yard waste bags in the back standing up!

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade UltraDork
7/23/13 1:34 p.m.

I hate yardwork.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
7/23/13 1:40 p.m.

Truck for yard work. Check, go one of those. It's our SPORT utility vehicle.

Beutiful looking house BTW Mr Blinkerfluid. How old is it?

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/23/13 1:48 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: Wraparound porches with curved steps are the shiznit!

Big +1. Love the house.

Good job on the yard too. When would you like to stop by and take care of mine.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
7/23/13 2:31 p.m.
Ian F wrote: We often wished it wasn't a 4x4 so the bed would have been lower...

I've lamented for years lack of a work/farm truck 4x4. One that drops itself to the ground for loading, and has a usefull and strong bed.

Yea, I know that one can rip out the springs and go with air bags, but it doesn't work all that well.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
7/23/13 2:37 p.m.

Thanks guys.

The house was built in 1887. Luckily somewhere in the last 15 years the house was gutted and updated. No plaster, updated electrical and water and drain pipes. 2 3/4 Car Garage for upcoming projects.

However things that looked ok are starting to look like they will need to be fixed.

Anyways here is the house the day I moved in.

And Nighttime

ValuePack
ValuePack SuperDork
7/23/13 7:05 p.m.

I want your house, bad. That porch is a berking work of art!

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
7/24/13 11:59 a.m.

Haha, thanks. Everyone loves the Porch.

yamaha
yamaha UberDork
7/24/13 12:25 p.m.
ValuePack wrote: I want your house, *bad*. That porch is a berking work of art!

I think its just a rural thing....My grandma's is that way(wrap around), my parent's house had most enclosed at some point, and mine had the massive patio enclosed as well.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
7/24/13 1:30 p.m.

In reply to yamaha:

Yeah it's more rural for sure. I don't see many houses like that in the suburbs.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YVJKLCW3qJ9At0mU2hvvNNnbSAsr2xfR76LcDVHJfygjTHblRItECSd8UHEprYIc