1 2
ChrisTropea
ChrisTropea Associate Editor
4/29/23 8:56 p.m.

Perfect day for a ride. I'm getting more and more comfortable on the bike every time I take it out. 

ChrisTropea
6/14/23 5:08 p.m.

After the Classic Motorsports Smoky Mountain tour Tom and I took a few days to ride some trails up in the Asheville area. After 17 miles in DuPont State Forest and a lap around Berm Park I am extremely happy with my Stumpjumper. Now its time to improve my skills to get the most out of the bike. I didn't take too many photos so here is the view from the top of the mountain in DuPont at the airstrip.

pheller
pheller UltimaDork
6/14/23 5:25 p.m.

Stumpy is a solid frame.

Personally I'm not a big fan of the yoke or leverage ratio/curve of the Stumpy, but most people will not push it hard enough to notice, and it's only really a problem with coil shocks.  

It is however a fantastic value and a great entry into what I call "real" mountain biking. Dropper post and tubeless tires will only increase the stoke. 

ChrisTropea
6/14/23 10:26 p.m.

In reply to pheller :

It's been a great bike for an "entry level" full suspension bike. I was on the fence between the stumpy and some of the direct to consumer bikes and decided on the stumpy because of the better geometry and that the local shop carries parts and can warranty it if needed. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PlRg26emfemo308xd72x1Nog4fmnwVSThTTrkBBdQ2YirRuO9N3o6djm4JnJ0lzl