1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
carczar_84
carczar_84 Reader
5/10/20 11:19 p.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

Thank you sir! I'm really liking them paired up too, trying to figure out how to display them together.

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/11/20 12:55 a.m.

In reply to carczar_84 :

Victory circle with an Evo VI to round out the podium?

Gunchsta
Gunchsta HalfDork
5/11/20 10:19 a.m.

Lots of great looking stuff in here as always guys. Keep up the good work! 

As I suspected I did anger the paint gods, although not enough for me to bother with sanding and repainting. I pushed forward and did the trim with the chrome pen and assembled the engine this weekend. I still think the car will turn out alright despite the paint crinkles. 

This kit does have a pretty nice SBC, and so far things are fitting together well. I'm enjoying it. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/11/20 5:15 p.m.

In reply to Aaron_King :

For everyone looking for Ford GT decals Hiroboy has a bunch of them, Wynn's, Motorcraft, Castrol, etc.

https://www.hiroboy.com/shop.php?p=category_products&category=140&page=1

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/11/20 6:11 p.m.

Ready for assembly.

Drivetrain assembled but in need of touch up.

RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter)
RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
5/11/20 7:36 p.m.

I'm still going for this, with the Freightliner. I've got a Molotow chrome pen, for the trim. Does it need a black basecoat, like alsa chrome does?  Should it be used after clear coat, or is it OK to use before CC? 

5/11/20 8:22 p.m.

In reply to RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) :

Nope! It just goes right on top of anything.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
5/11/20 8:25 p.m.

In reply to RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) :

I have been using the Molotow right on top of color or clear, I only clear coat certain full body colors. I do note that it has a tendency to dissolve Tamiya paint if you hit it too hard. The Capri I am building this round is air brushed Tamiya "sky blue" with no clear coat and lots of Molotow. So far so good.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
5/11/20 8:31 p.m.

Progress pics of the Crapi, err Capri. Small model, small progress. Suspension complete minus the front sway bar because defective... Pics don't show rear shocks, but they are there. Great under body detail. They could easily have given it bonnet "hinges" as well, but I won't for this build.

RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter)
RealMiniNoMore (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
5/11/20 9:17 p.m.

In reply to Javelin & TurnerX19 :

Thanks for the info and advice! 

5/11/20 9:25 p.m.

Work continues on the AMuttX.

Engine is complete and in the engine bay. I kept the gen 1 engine but moved the distributor from the back of the intake to the front where the oil fill is supposed to be to make it sort of like a gen 2. 

I also finished all the body chrome.

carczar_84
carczar_84 Reader
5/11/20 9:31 p.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 and Javelin:

Those both look great!

5/11/20 9:43 p.m.

How is everybody else doing? What happened to all the participants from rounds 1 and 2?

Is Mazdax605's Delica done? Has David tried building the Turbo Coupe? What is Yelo working on? Did benswen fix the Banshee? Did Jeff finish the red tomato?

5/11/20 10:52 p.m.

Teaser pic...

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
5/12/20 6:12 a.m.

I'm out this round. Not sure when I will start the cute little 289 Cobra I won. I may take on the MPC CJ-5 next. I've been sitting on that thing for two decades or more.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/12/20 7:10 a.m.

Mine build has slowed down:

I am still going to try and get it done though. 

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/12/20 7:31 a.m.

After I destroyed the Chevelle I decided on another "used" kit I picked up some time ago.  This version is not going to happen.  frown

The kit is missing some parts, other parts are a glue bomb (the engine), and the front suspension is broken.  It is also missing one wheel and tire.  I am fixing things the best I can and moving on with the kit with these limits in mind.

Interesting things of note with the kit.  While the Express Truck itself only came with a 360 CID engine and auto trans, the model kit has a big block with molded on manual transmission.  And while the interior of the kit is set up for an automatic transmission (two pedal), the shifter itself is a manual floor unit.  Accuracy is not important.  laugh

On with the build.

Scott

Wally (Forum Supporter)
5/12/20 7:40 a.m.

I've finished last night, I just need to get some pics when I get home. 

BenB (Forum Supporter)
BenB (Forum Supporter) Reader
5/12/20 9:58 a.m.
ddavidv said:

I'm out this round. Not sure when I will start the cute little 289 Cobra I won. I may take on the MPC CJ-5 next. I've been sitting on that thing for two decades or more.

Same. I haven't even had time to take the parts out of the plastic.

5/12/20 10:05 a.m.
BenB (Forum Supporter) said:
ddavidv said:

Same. I haven't even had time to take the parts out of the plastic.

Five days left fellas!

Wally (Forum Supporter)
5/12/20 12:20 p.m.

Ugh!  I have been working in a dark area because we can't have spring here so I didn't notice the glue on the body and the thin spots in the paint. 

5/12/20 12:21 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Looks fantastic! Take some pictures in the snow!

Gunchsta
Gunchsta HalfDork
5/12/20 12:44 p.m.

I like it, turned out good! What's your opinion of the kit? I feel like I should add one to my collection just for weirdness-sake. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
5/12/20 12:47 p.m.

In reply to Gunchsta :

I liked it. It's an older kit so it's not as detailed as a modern kit but it goes together well and has little flash for its age. 

carczar_84
carczar_84 Reader
5/12/20 1:35 p.m.

That's awesome, really digging how that turned out!

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4QV0GfVIbVAh94OTat4S77Jore99PCLwslpNlRMrDtaclpnxd7iEb9OR2c9UH96N