1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
9/13/13 6:16 a.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: You realize that to the rest of the population we all fall into the same group: idiots messing around with cars.

Yes, but that doesn't matter, because now we know that the way to pick up hot women is to own a yugo! Suddenly, the world makes sense to me.

Beer Baron wrote:
Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
9/13/13 6:55 a.m.

In reply to accordionfolder:

Cavalier. I tried to think of something un-stance-able, something that could never destroy us. Mr Cavalier.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/13/13 7:12 a.m.

In reply to JoeyM:

Well duh.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory HalfDork
9/13/13 7:18 a.m.

Typing in the word "trar" works in the opposite direction.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/13/13 8:38 a.m.

PHeller
PHeller UberDork
9/13/13 9:26 a.m.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/13/13 9:30 a.m.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/13/13 9:30 a.m.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/13/13 9:32 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote:

I wish to make love to that car.

PHeller
PHeller UberDork
9/13/13 9:34 a.m.

Pointless, but stanced.

I think the trend now is stance every car possible. The more abnormal the car, the more cred.

I also think there are two types of stance. Functional and show. Show stance are the guys who use bags or intentionally drag. Functional stance are guys who do motorsports. It may not be optimal, but I can understand the idea of lowering a car past level control arms for street looks, but not so low that you can't race without rubbing tires.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/13/13 9:35 a.m.

Heh... i should get a pic of my control arms sometime.

PHeller
PHeller UberDork
9/13/13 9:36 a.m.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
9/13/13 9:37 a.m.

I really want to build a Caddy like this. Big '60s or '70s Caddy + airbags

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/13/13 9:44 a.m.
PHeller wrote:

The Saturn is awesome.

The Mazda is awesome, but mostly because i'm pretty sure i know the motor and how much power that thing makes.

The Storm.... blargh. It's so close to good, but so far away.

PHeller
PHeller UberDork
9/13/13 9:46 a.m.

I've also realized that stance can be pointless depending on where you live. Georgia and Florida, Texas, California all have really big "fitment" meets because those guys have smooth roads.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/13/13 9:48 a.m.
PHeller wrote:

This is the greatest thing

PHeller
PHeller UberDork
9/13/13 9:48 a.m.

Most of these are from: http://safetystance.wordpress.com/

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltraDork
9/13/13 10:10 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: The Saturn is awesome.

Its pretty cool, but when you get up close the wheel stagger and rear wheel camber is offensive (to me anyway). I wish he had just dumped it on 15x8s all the way around.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
9/13/13 10:12 a.m.

I have so many pictures of that Imp saved its not funny. The Imp is that car for me; I do prefer box flares and 1.8t power though.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
9/13/13 10:45 a.m.
nocones wrote:
PHeller wrote:
This is the greatest thing

I've finally found a "stance" car that doesn't make me want to throw up!

on a toy car---- it's actually funny and cool. I find no appeal to the "stance" look on actual cars that are....you know driven on real streets with curbs, potholes, and bumps. Those just make me scratch my head......but to each his own. You want a truck lifted to the sky? go for it....... you want a car slammed down to the ground? great...good luck. Just don't try to convince me it's for a purpose other than looks.

Folks like this keep our buddies at SPC going strong--- which is good, as they also make parts for cars that are lowered for performance's sake.

http://www.spcalignment.com/

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory HalfDork
9/13/13 10:57 a.m.

Somewhere between the extremes is where I like to be. At some point the 20" lift on trucks and the slammed-camber cars look like cartoons and its hard to take them seriously as enthusiasts cars.

Kinda like the Jessica Rabbit of the car show circuit.

(I just Googled Jessica Rabbit...)

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
9/13/13 12:44 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
PHeller wrote:
The Storm.... blargh. It's so close to good, but so far away.

it makes me happy to see a storm getting the love, but I have to say that I still think they are doing it wrong. This is how I roll:

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/13/13 12:48 p.m.

I love the height, paint, and boosty-ness of that storm.

I can even get behind the widened steelies. It just needs more tire and a massive fender roll/pull.

Then i'd be in love.

Basically my own personal rule with most "stanced" cars is that i think they would all be pretty awesome with more rubber.

Harvey
Harvey GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/13/13 1:19 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:

I'm okay with this.

Chris_V
Chris_V UltraDork
9/13/13 1:29 p.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: on a toy car---- it's actually funny and cool. I find no appeal to the "stance" look on actual cars that are....you know driven on real streets with curbs, potholes, and bumps. Those just make me scratch my head......but to each his own. You want a truck lifted to the sky? go for it....... you want a car slammed down to the ground? great...good luck. Just don't try to convince me it's for a purpose other than looks.

I've never claimed it was for anything but looks. I love very low cars and have since I was very young looking through my dad's Car Craft magazines of the '50s. So I built stuff like this as daily drivers:

And I drive on real streets. You just adapt to them. I've had real race cars, too, and simply don't think that every car has to be some great corner burner to be a valid hobby/fun car.

1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2uZBuBL33sFmOppImMJySwoDn6ai7ciQm5w1SHJwOYeI0CBS8ajwiowpBaELwnjU