AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/8/24 1:22 p.m.

Got a promotion at my day job!

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 UltimaDork
4/8/24 2:35 p.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

Just got done lining a few things up with the builder. We're next on the list and may be able to start the actual process in just a little over two weeks. Worst case is a month. The end of rent is in sight. 

Just got the call from the builder. We have a spot this month. Dropping deposit check tomorrow and we're underway! 

FJ40Jim
FJ40Jim Reader
4/8/24 4:28 p.m.

It's eclipse time.

And the weather has cleared up!

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
4/9/24 8:51 a.m.

First race of the season is this weekend, car is race ready a week early and in the trailer.  Let's go! 

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/9/24 10:57 p.m.

I've been doing my job for 27 years. Three years ago I got a promotion to group manager. Every time I get a review I think the worst even though I've never gotten a bad review there. I got a good review and a decent raise. 

Every year I feel like Sally Field:

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/13/24 2:57 p.m.

Got my copy!!

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/13/24 7:06 p.m.

I just found that slice of brisket I meant to eat in the garage before we hit the road to the challenge. On my drill press.

11GTCS
11GTCS SuperDork
4/13/24 7:53 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Not eating it now is the minor win right?  laugh

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/13/24 8:15 p.m.

In reply to 11GTCS :

Come on, man. If that ain't dry aged, then I don't know what is.

GhiaMonster
GhiaMonster HalfDork
4/14/24 6:42 p.m.

Finally tore into a project that has been lurking for a few years.

wae
wae UltimaDork
4/14/24 8:32 p.m.

Teaching my eldest how to remove, rebuild, and install an engine in the $1000 Civic she bought.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/15/24 8:16 a.m.

It finally held off raining and gave me 2 sunny, breezy days in a row - just enough to dry my swampy marshland, I mean lawn, enough to cut my grass for the first time this season.

Rained again last night, but honey badger don't care. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
4/15/24 4:46 p.m.

I made an upgrade to the sub woofer in the shop with a 250W plate amp. I thought my expectations were realistic, but holy crap it sounds good.

Now I'm shopping bigger amps for the rest of the system.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/16/24 8:53 a.m.

After a couple of false starts my sons $500 SAAB was able to get me to work without issue. 

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
4/16/24 6:24 p.m.

Needed bars for wife to get into truck.  Guy in Michigan had a nice set but he would be a 7 hour round trip run. 

April 1st my sales territory changed and I got Michigan and my run this week just happens to be in the area.  Go figure.  

Except I didn't plan well on where I'd store these at night so into the side door of my hotel do I go!

So do I get a cart in the morning and act all casual on the way out......they gonna kick me out?

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
4/16/24 6:28 p.m.

In reply to Datsun240ZGuy :

As long as they aren't coated in oil or grease, the hotel staff won't care.  They've seen weirder smiley

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/16/24 7:24 p.m.
Datsun240ZGuy said:

So do I get a cart in the morning and act all casual on the way out......they gonna kick me out?

I've carried big ass high power rockets into a hotel and then worked on them in my room. I'm sure they are used to people bringing all kinds of crap into their rooms.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 UltimaDork
4/16/24 7:52 p.m.

Red Green is on prime. What a momentous discovery. 

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
4/16/24 9:29 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

Brand new, super clean.  Tomorrow night I'll ask for a low floor room however there are only 12 bolts in the bag and I'm not doing anything.....

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/16/24 9:48 p.m.

We tried groceries with the bicycle trailer over the weekend. In pulling the bike off the trailer and loading it, I positioned my bike and put it on the kickstand, then looked at the distance from the car parked next to the bike rack. I didn't like the looks of it, so I scooted the bike about six inches further away. Ten seconds later, the bike went over the kickstand, and hit the ground four inches from the car. I saved myself standing in the parking lot exchanging insurance information by an extra second of thought.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
4/17/24 9:10 a.m.
eastsideTim said:

In reply to Datsun240ZGuy :

the hotel staff won't care.  They've seen weirder smiley

I can vouch for that!

Makes me think of a new year's eve party about 5-6 years ago

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
4/17/24 9:29 a.m.
Peabody said:

I made an upgrade to the sub woofer in the shop with a 250W plate amp. I thought my expectations were realistic, but holy crap it sounds good.

Now I'm shopping bigger amps for the rest of the system.

Teehee

Running in bridged mode these will give me about 250W per channel, so with the new sub amp I should have at least 750W in the shop. Do you think that's enough?

I don't know how many times this has happened that I start looking for something, identify what it is I want then a deal pops up that's perfect. Maybe it doesn't happen that often, it just seems like I have exceptional luck that way. I had identified this amp as one I was interested in. It basically doubles the power, it's NAD, and they were available used. All the deals were single amps. These two popped up together, closer than any of the other ones, and at half the price.  Older woman, I'm guessing late 70's, who's husband died. He had a real collection of bikes, cars and audio equipment and she was clearing it out. Super nice lady, we joked about how I was just like her husband.

No Time
No Time UltraDork
4/17/24 8:18 p.m.

I left some steak tips on the counter while I turned my back to wash a pan. The dog reached up onto the counter before I could turn around and took off into the living room. 

She stole a paper towel that was next to the steak tips 😳, and not a piece of steak 🥩

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/17/24 10:25 p.m.

I went to the airport commission meeting this evening.  Sounds like a bigger deal than it was-- four commissioners in person, engineer by phone and one absent.

After 20 minutes, the meeting was over, and my hangar lease is being revised to move me from a shared hangar space into a private hangar that's considerably more bird tight, has a full concrete floor and a new bi-fold door!

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
4/18/24 4:58 p.m.

I really needed a good night's sleep last night and got a solid 9hrs

I met up with a guy at the gym via MP who gladly paid me $85 for wood chisels that I would have happily sold for $50

Then went into the gym and went heavy on everything

It's been a good day

1 ... 289 290 291 292 293 ... 305

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
enX5UuIwBAdUDCq4r3q9EbxJfk61UWB7QLxV0IKl9qWOhrWQi1CbVhwxmv6Lqoqf