1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 292
1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
4/30/19 7:27 p.m.

Just got in from a bunch of crazy 2 on 2 halfcourt basketball with my 13.5 yo basketball whiz kid and two other older teenagers in the neighborhood.  We play to 11 pts, then switch teams so everybody plays with everybody.  I was the only player to lose all my games.  Completely gassed right now.  The kid I end up guarding when he's not on my team is my height (6') plays football and easily outweighs me by 100 lbs.  Try boxing him out.  Yeah, right.

Hey, I'm happy.  I scored a couple buckets.  And I'm not dead.  wink

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/30/19 7:42 p.m.

Unexpected raises are...unexpected. 

I make a dollar more an hour. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/30/19 8:10 p.m.

For the first time since 1999, I have more than $2000 in the bank.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/30/19 8:17 p.m.

Truck is a power steering pump away from a test drive. Heres to hoping i have finally fixed it!

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
4/30/19 8:35 p.m.

Got rabbit back on the road for some commuting at high rpms...

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/30/19 9:19 p.m.

Page 84 is full of win!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
4/30/19 9:30 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Unexpected raises are...unexpected. 

A meeting was called last Thursday and it was announced everyone in the company is getting a 2.6% cost of living raise. 

Except the outside salespeople.  Too funny.

MrSmokey
MrSmokey Reader
4/30/19 10:43 p.m.

I can tell tomorrow’s pry gonna be a better day already just because I worked out this eve .... yeah I’m a bit sore but still a win because straight up discipline goes a long way in fighting depression

matthewmcl
matthewmcl New Reader
4/30/19 11:06 p.m.

In reply to 84FSP :

Man, I wish my Rabbit looked that clean; wow.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
5/1/19 12:46 p.m.

Got a lesson in edelbrock and roshester carb tuning from a dude that is in his 90's. I learned more in 20 minutes over the phone then I have learned in years of tweaking myself. My car runs fantastic now. Like as good as it did off the lot in 1957. I am the carberator king now. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/2/19 12:17 p.m.

When a fab shop you applied to months ago, one that straight turned you away based on lack of experience, randomly calls and asks if you can come in for an interview for a machining position. Not sure if full win yet or not but I'm curious to see where this goes.

Dusterbd13-michael
5/2/19 12:19 p.m.

My truck is almost completely back together and detailed. I even managed to fix the tonneau cover!

Torkel
Torkel Reader
5/2/19 10:30 p.m.

I just ordered a quickjack. I've been considering one for some time and Home Depot is running a sale right now: $1099 for the 5000lbs versions ($1178 with tax). The dream is of course to have a real lift at home, but the ceiling height in the garage isn't really allowing for that. The quickjack will come in hand at the track too.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/3/19 9:45 a.m.
Daylan C said:

When a fab shop you applied to months ago, one that straight turned you away based on lack of experience, randomly calls and asks if you can come in for an interview for a machining position. Not sure if full win yet or not but I'm curious to see where this goes.

Interview went well, seems they decided to call me because they're looking for somebody fairly fresh to train to run in an operation more like what I've been doing at the place I'm at now. Plus they said if they do bring me in they'll be willing to work around my last semester of college so I can be back on day shift and still finish my degree. 

This is where I have to try very hard not to get excited.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/3/19 9:55 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

OK, so you take the pragmatic approach and let the rest of us be excited for you.   I hope it works out.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/3/19 10:25 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Thanks. I'm not necessarily unhappy with where I'm at now but from what I know of the company I'll like the work better at this place, but I believe I'll like the type of work they do better than where I'm at plus a shorter commute and a few other factors.

I'm definitely going to stay close to the phone for a bit.

Dusterbd13-michael
5/3/19 11:01 a.m.

Scored 3 18v porter cable tool, 6 batteries, and two chargers at a yard sale for $30 this morning 

Dusterbd13-michael
5/3/19 3:58 p.m.

first time in 4 years its left the driveway!!!

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/3/19 5:30 p.m.
84FSP said:

Got rabbit back on the road for some commuting at high rpms...

Your car isn’t the one with the tailgate stamping on the hatch is it?

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/3/19 5:43 p.m.

Kvass is ready!

Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado Dork
5/3/19 6:01 p.m.

$125 non-runner

$126.09, runner.

1609 mile on the old girl.  I'm guessing it's a been a few decades since she lit off, so we will give her a pass on being a wee bit smokey.  Plus, there's premix in the tank and apparently the oil injection pump is fully operational.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/3/19 8:32 p.m.
EvanB said:

Kvass is ready!

I should make kvass.

Minor win:  The service advisor's wife found an Eastern European supermarket in their vicinity, and she gave him a goodie bag of stuff for us for lunch.  I had Hungarian sausage, kielbasa, and some weird pierogies that were enormous and were not filled with anything I ever associated with pierogie, but they were good.

(Minor fail:  I forgot to ask him where this supermarket was)

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
5/4/19 12:42 p.m.

“Let me just toss in all the spares with your new car”. Scored a $918 set of front rotors for the STR MX-5.   That’s 10% of what I paid for the entire effing car!  Plus a spare set of 17x9 TRM wheels with old hohos on them.  Plus slider adapters if I ever switch to race seats.  Plus rear rotors (not as fancy as these but still fancy).  Not even counting the installed MCS two way adjustable remote reservoir shocks (don’t even ask the price).   I’m pretty pleased with this purchase.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/4/19 1:34 p.m.

Finally quit berking around and started working on the garage. Goal is to have my Mustang parked inside before the day is over.

I this is actually a huge improvement over what it was  yesterday morning believe it or not.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
5/5/19 2:20 p.m.

I got to take my buddy's E39 M5 for a rip to celebrate my birthday, I'm pretty sure that counts as a win laugh

1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oIOUBUK59ApqdJZde2lUVH8b5aMIcJiLFKykLXcWpVt4iieGwQhwxcfb8gjXoEg2