1 ... 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 ... 1930
Saron81
Saron81 HalfDork
4/6/21 1:36 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

All I see on Facebook is gorillas ripping them out, then complaining they have oil everywhere. 

berkeley me, work is brutal right now. 12 hour day yesterday, today ain't looking better 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/6/21 3:44 p.m.
Duke said:
RevRico said:

these past couple trips have me wanting to go an hour out of my way to wonder why home depot has a person at every SELF checkout but no one on the sales floor.

Ask yourself:  would it matter if Home Depot had anyone on the sales floor?  The typical Lowesdepot employee tops out at being able to tell you the aisle your item is probably in. Many never achieve even that level of wisdom.

I had the local home depot figured out though. If I needed plumbing help I went to paint, electrical I'd head to garden, need wood cut I'd go to plumbing. It seemed they hired people that knew things and insisted on not letting them with the departments they knew.

Neither lowes by the old house, or now the one by the new house, hires anyone who has ever worked in the trades in their life. It seems like they just have warm bodies at the new one because they're pretty much the only option for 30 minutes in any direction.

And now I'm one 12 foot 2x4 short of finishing my chicken coop. Dammit

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/6/21 8:39 p.m.

Sometimes it seems like operating a washer/dryer exceeds the technical capacity of my wife's employees.  

No electronic control panels on these either-- just knobs and a start button.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/6/21 8:55 p.m.

Why does this kick on every time I intentionally pick up my phone, yet when my phone is in my pants or shirt pocket, it will screenshot, text, browse the web, and even change settings all on it's own?

I just spent $300at the dmv on registration and taxes. On three of the seven cars.....

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/7/21 1:32 p.m.

There was what looked to be hanging very low, like elbow height, a couple of power lines when I was hammering stakes. My buddy says to be careful. Dont touch it. If its power, it might kill you. 

I laughed and said, "Well, at least my kid will be set from the inevitable lawsuit."

And for a split second,  gave it serious thought. 

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/7/21 2:17 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

I just spent $300at the dmv on registration and taxes. On three of the seven cars.....

I just got the registration for my wife's 2018 Explorer. $748. I don't think the other 4 cars total up to this one.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/7/21 3:33 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

shiny happy people are Hornets. This is a scientific fact. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/7/21 9:49 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

I hate the Carpenter Bees more than the wasps, the wasps at least don't do any damage and neither of us had ever been stung by one. They also seem to be less plentiful than the Carpenter Bees. I spent some time this afternoon chasing A-holes around with my now-non-electric tennis racket and a can of bug spray and took out about 8 wood-burrowing pests and one wasp, and there are already a half-dozen or so A-holes in my traps (stupid buggers). 

Carpenter Bees are TOUGH sons-of-bitches though... I can nail one full-on with the racket using a full-force swing and bounce it off a wall, and a short while later it will shake itself off and fly off like nothing happened. It's why I have to have the spray with me when I knock them out of the air...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/7/21 9:52 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

Toss a few hornets under your t-shirt and agitate them by flailing around a bit. Report back with findings. laugh

Ashyukun (Robert)
4/7/21 10:14 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Oh, I don't want to be any closer than I can arm's reach (or racket's reach) to any of the above...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
4/8/21 5:46 a.m.

I am trying to give you a bunch of money for parts, of your broken car, that you are parting out, facebook marketplace guy.  I have offered to pay for everything shipped on a pallet, have somebody local pick them up, and even drive all berkeleying night to come pull the stuff myself.  I can see that you've read the messages, and you even responded a few times somewhere in there.  Just berkeleying say I can come give you money for the stuff that you are selling, I literally cannot think of a way to make this easier for you. 

Is it technically theft if parts disappear off the thing and cash appears at the same time?  Or just a "covert purchase operation"?  Asking for a friend.

Nothing i can say ir do doesn't piss off my wife in the last few days. So far ive apparently called her fat by inviting her walking with me, a bad housekeeper by doing a few loads of laundry, and a bad wife for her not wanting to cuddle.

The berkeley? 

Hate it when she gets like this.

wae
wae UberDork
4/8/21 7:11 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

My wife was a drop-off at an orphanage in Korea and was adopted as an infant so we don't have any ideas about her family tree.  I suspect, however, that she and your wife might be sisters or something.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/8/21 9:17 a.m.

Its ALL women (sometimes)

Everything you do is berkeleyed. Everything you say is loaded. You-are-going-to-die.

So, do what you want, eat what you want, have fun, because you're dead already. 

She'll come around, and stop being a psycho hose beast...eventually. 

Do you have a motorcycle?

"Sorry, babe, couldn't hear you!"

NickD
NickD MegaDork
4/8/21 1:49 p.m.

I had a '19 Equinox in today that needed rear brakes. I use the GM scan tool to retract the electronic parking brake piston (strike one: a scan tool should not be required to do brakes. Ever.) Go to extend the parking brake piston and I get an error code and now I have a Service Parking Brake message and a code saying that the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) has an internal fault due to incorrect programming. All I did was put in pads and rotors. The code won't clear, immediately comes back. Try unhooking the EBCM and plugging it back in, no luck. Unhook the battery for 5 minutes, hook it up, still setting a light. The diagnostics tell me to try reflashing the EBCM, so I do that. The program takes successfully, but when it tries to calibrate it says "ABS Solenoid Valve Stuck or Pump Motor Failure". I finally call Technical Assistance Center and tell them "I did a rear brake job and now the EBCM says its junk. I refuse to believe it's junk." The guy at TAC goes "Let me guess, its telling you you have a stuck valve or a failed pump motor? We're seeing that a lot, we don't know why. The only fix is to replace the module." WTF. So now, doing brake jobs can result in module failure and replacement? So much for a good paying job.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/8/21 1:59 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

But hey, at least you get paid for diag time, right?

(not cool, Pete)

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/8/21 2:04 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

WDaFUQ?  Is this what I have to look forward to when my wife's '19 Equinox is out of warranty?  E36M3..angry

NickD
NickD MegaDork
4/8/21 2:13 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

The worst part was, I knew it needed an EBCM according to the diag. But I refused to believe that putting pads and rotors on and using GM's own method to retract the parking brake with their scan tool would junk a module. So I futzed about for 2 hours trying to find some other explanation because why the hell would doing that kill a module with 25k miles on it?

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/8/21 2:18 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

"We don't know why" is also highly confidence inspiring. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
4/8/21 2:40 p.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) :

Its because, and say it with me now, modern vehicles are way too complicated and have too much unnecessary bullE36 M3 on them. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/8/21 3:58 p.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) :

"We don't know why yet" is probably a better phrase.  Probably some internal register gets its bit flipped because of insufficiently tidy code, and throws it into a tizzy.

Or maybe it's like the NS minivans I'd seen that would suddenly light up the ABS light, and have a code for comms failure with ABS module.  On a minivan that never had ABS...

Ashyukun (Robert)
4/8/21 4:01 p.m.

Well, I guess I get to find out whether or not SD and MicroSD cards are waterproof... I just knocked a whole pile of them into my cup of water by my computer.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/8/21 4:25 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

Well, I guess I get to find out whether or not SD and MicroSD cards are waterproof... I just knocked a whole pile of them into my cup of water by my computer.

Based on the number of times I've run (the same) USB stick through the washer and dryer, you'll probably be fine.

1 ... 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 ... 1930

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ajQHA5qd0NtF2iaUPqyfUT9m4yZT8UlS64Ib4kEzJeCrfVsFkb1OggNZQJn3QwoS