1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 ... 305
preach
preach GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/11/24 5:03 p.m.

I get a gubbmint Iphone at 11 tomorrow. Might Office Space the flip phone that I have now.

Texting will be worth it, forget mobile email.

Flynlow
Flynlow Dork
3/11/24 11:25 p.m.
DarkMonohue said:

We're passing the time in the evenings watching subtitled Initial D as a family, and 4yo Little Monohue is engaged. Mrs Monohue and I watched it together on bootleg VHS long ago, when I was driving an AE86 (actually delivering food in it, truth be told). It was a cliche even then, but it was a good time, and it's fun to revisit it with the kid.

Do you have a good source for those?  I tried watching it on one of the streaming services recently, and the US dub-overs just don't hit the same way.  Made everybody sound like kids.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/12/24 12:12 a.m.

In reply to Flynlow :

We watched the first two stages on Funimation. Apparently Funimation is merging with Crunchyroll, which I've never used and don't know anything about, but evidently they do list Initial D (link) so it's worth a look. In other words, I have a source, but don't know whether you'd call it a good source.

Dubbed anime, or dubbed anything, is almost universally awful. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/12/24 1:55 p.m.

proceeds from qualified small business sale are exempt from capital gains tax.

Flynlow
Flynlow Dork
3/12/24 3:05 p.m.

In reply to DarkMonohue :

Thanks for the info!  Been 10+ years since i watched initial d, and was really looking forward to a rewatch. I remember in college being blown away at how accurate the engine notes were for each car.  

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/12/24 3:26 p.m.

In reply to Flynlow :

Glad to help. The little incidental sounds are as much fun as the engine notes to me. My favorite is the kkzee-eeet! when the headlights go up and down. They cared enough to record that, and that makes me happy.

NermalSnert (Forum Supporter)
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
3/13/24 11:34 a.m.

The Spitfire's top is down for the summer. It's a JOY to drive.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/13/24 2:29 p.m.

Found a crack in the housing of the driver's side headlight of the 2022 X5 at one of the curved areas-- no sign of impact.  Quite possibly a manufacturing defect.

Just got confirmation that replacement will be covered under warranty as such.  Hooray!

MSRP on a replacement part is $4500!!!

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/13/24 5:00 p.m.

I was able to sit through a full tooth cleaning. Without any mind or mood altering substances. This is the first dental procedure I have actually been able to sit in the chair sober for other than the x-rays a couple of weeks ago since i was 17. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/13/24 7:43 p.m.

The brakes on my truck have been making the occasional random squeak for a while and it's been driving me crazy. I couldn't pinpoint whether it was coming from the front or rear. I had replaced the fronts just over a year ago, but twenty years of Tacoma ownership has also taught me that the rear drums last forever. I hated the thought of choosing the wrong end to fix, so I just ordered a complete front and rear brake kit from Rock Auto. 

We've had freaky warm weather this week, so today was the perfect day to do the job. I removed the passenger's front wheel first and found that the pads and rotor were barely worn, but there was a spring missing.

Down in the basement, I found a little bag of brake hardware labeled Tacoma Spares. I removed, cleaned and greased the front pads on both sides of the truck, and popped them back in with the spare springs. 

Quick and easy brake job, total cost $Zero (I'll keep the kit for future use). No more squeaky brakes. 

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/13/24 9:09 p.m.

I just finished playing a modest role in hosting a summit for my company and at the completion, all of us sponsors were presented with a nice gift bag containing a branded North Face jacket and a wireless charger.

Honestly, I wasn't even aware that USB powered stand alone wireless chargers were a thing (almost 60, get off my lawn).

I love, love, love this little gizmo.

I'm sooo about simplicity so this is an absolutely perfect gift for someone like me...clutter free car center console here I come!!!

Explore snoopy dancing GIFs

wae
wae PowerDork
3/13/24 11:26 p.m.

It took for. ever. but I have finally successfully rebuilt and bled clutch hydraulics for the first time in my life.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/14/24 10:21 a.m.

The Dancer solidified what she wants to do for the act-long themed piece for her non-profit dance company's show this summer- it's going to be (on the whole) about conspiracy theories. She finishes describing what she has in mind and then says, "OK- can you make some kind of UFO light that we can use to make it look like someone is being abducted? Also, for part of one of the pieces I'd love to have the dancers just illuminated by lights on a couple of drones that are flying over the stage. And you know those prop smartphones we used 2 years ago? Can we make the screens on those light up, so for the beginning of that piece the only light on the stage will be from the phone screens?"

Me: OK.... so you're asking me to play with building a chase light for the UFO, and play with (and possibly build/3D Print, as I wouldn't be surprised if the size of drone we'd need for what you want would be too expensive to buy commercially) drones? You do realize my birthday isn't for another week, right?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/14/24 11:21 a.m.

I'm more than half way to making rate. I'm at 6 transmissions a night. Zero failures. 10 days ago, I didn't know E36 M3.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
3/14/24 3:37 p.m.

Twice now I've sold engines, been paid for them, and still have them. The latest one was in January. I did a clean up and purge in my shop, listed a pile of stuff, sold a low mileage G10 and just realized I still have it. It was a flurry of activity between cleaning, scrapping, listing and selling and I completely lost track of it.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
3/16/24 7:15 p.m.

I'm going to be a Grand-Uncle!  

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/18/24 7:40 a.m.

The stitches are finally gone, I can take a real shower again!!

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
3/18/24 9:02 a.m.
RevRico said:

The stitches are finally gone, I can take a real shower again!!

It's amazing how awesome it can be to take a hot shower when you aren't able to.  Good to hear you are healing!

Puddy46
Puddy46 Reader
3/19/24 9:32 p.m.

Bought a sweatshirt from the company online  store (thanks to the company holiday gift), and it arrived today.  Along with a bonus hoodie from Washington University in St. Louis School of Law that I didn't order.  I have never heard of that school, but hey, free hoodie.  

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/20/24 8:33 a.m.

In reply to Puddy46 :

I went to Wash U in the mid '80s.  Architecture, not Law, but it's a good law school.

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/20/24 9:59 a.m.

Did minor maintenance on my office chair today, literally 3 minutes, tightened all the bolts, a little WD40, chair is more stable, arm rests are flexible and no more squeaks. Sometimes the little things make a big difference. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/20/24 11:30 a.m.

In reply to NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) :

We're not quite at the point where I can drive the E46 with it's top down consistently, but it's getting there. The few times I've been able to take it out so far have been great though- it's just infinitely more fun to drive it than either the QX4 or The Dancer's Colorado.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 UltimaDork
3/20/24 10:25 p.m.

Made an offer on a place tonight. We have plans B and C if it doesn't go our way. I see no path that doesn't get us out of renting by the end of year.  So stoked. 

gixxeropa
gixxeropa GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/21/24 8:56 a.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

Congrats! Hoping to be in the same place later this year, in tired of thinking "I'm going to have to move this when my lease is up" in the back of my head every time I think about buying something

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/21/24 9:43 a.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

Outstanding!

1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 ... 305

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rWtlxmcNT2EF0gb0pECmO0XGddDO7uN9x75pPtg0RcIXMSNYoRqXzdXi2RvHYPVz